Notices

42 days today... Been a rough weekend

Old 09-20-2020, 07:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

42 days today... Been a rough weekend

Hey just wanted to check in on day 42. Up until this weekend if you've been following my post it's been fairly easy for me for the most part but this weekend I have felt cravings for the first time on Friday Saturday and especially today. Part of it I know it's just learning how to deal with stress and disappointments Etc being sober. I unfortunately for various reasons had to back out of my new business endeavor and got into it with my best friend / business partner... a lot of disappointments on both sides and tension and that was enough to make me think about possibly drinking... of course I dismissed the thought pretty quickly but this whole weekend I've been in a horrible mood, my anxiety has been through the roof I have
​been agitated and binge eating and overdoing it with caffeine... I feel like I'm doing overall pretty Well with My Sobriety and I also came into some money and I'm about to pay off debts and I've been able to take my kid out to do fun kids stuff and spoil him a bit but I can't put my finger on what exactly is wrong because nothing is really wrong LOL I'm just uncomfortable in my skin.. .. just wanted to get that out I'm heading in to take a bubble bath and maybe do a meditation or some podcast listening... I really would like to start off this week on a more positive note and lesson this anxiety
Old 09-20-2020, 07:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Erica375

Congrats on 42 days! Even though this weekend was difficult, you made it through. Chalk it us as a win!
Old 09-20-2020, 08:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

42 days is great.
I think balance is important - work hard but gave some down time too. Think about what you can do better the next time you are tired or stressed or disappointed too - it all helps

Continue doing the great work you have been doing

D
Old 09-20-2020, 08:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on six weeks sober!
Old 09-20-2020, 08:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You’re doing good Sanchez. I took a lot of hot baths and listened to relaxation music during early recovery. Exercise helped too. You’ll get better at this. Keep up the good work!
Old 09-20-2020, 08:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wow, I can really relate to your post. I’m 60 days today and my anxiety is spiking and I’m kind of crawling out of my skin. It will pass. Hang in there.
Old 09-20-2020, 09:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi,

You've plummeted over the waterfall. The water will smooth out for you once you get a little further downstream.
Stay the course.
Old 09-21-2020, 01:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 6 weeks of sobriety. It sounds like you are going through a stressful time at the moment and this could be triggering your AV / cravings. Meditation sounds like a good idea.
Old 09-21-2020, 01:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I can relate to this too. I'm at 71 days and feeling exactly the same with a similar weekend to yours in regards to the cravings,caffeine and eating.
Old 09-21-2020, 02:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sometimes there'll be days like this. It will pass. You are doing great. This is where you step up.
Old 09-21-2020, 06:14 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Not a native English speaker

Originally Posted by Rsanchez920 View Post
this whole weekend I've been in a horrible mood, my anxiety has been through the roof
Hey! I'm exactly with half your days, 21, and have experienced mood swings and anxiety.
From what you write and reading BeABetterMan's post, you guys are ahead of me, and still battle with mood-related issues. Now I know what to expect in the upcoming weeks, specially knowing that they're going to be tough, both at my job and at home. I though at 21 days, the worst was gone and from now on it was going to be a walk in the park. Guess not.
Old 09-21-2020, 06:25 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

If learning to live sober were easy, this site wouldn't exist. You are right where you need to be. I'm 8 months sober and still I deal with changing moods...but I am much stronger in handling them and highs and lows are no longer extreme. Anxiety and depression are underlying issues for me that started in early childhood and that I ignored with alcohol for many years. Undoing all of that with proper coping skills takes a lot of time....years even.

But it's an upward movement as opposed to the insidious downward spiral of alcoholism.

I'm finding that building the life I want is a ton of work...but it's my labour of love

Old 09-21-2020, 06:27 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

...and congrats on 42 days...that is a very significant stretch of time
Old 09-21-2020, 08:12 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone

I feel less alone knowing you all can relate and that this stage is common 🙏🙏