Notices

Live Life like your playlist!

Old 08-23-2020, 12:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Live Life like your playlist!

That was one of my last drunk texts. Evidently I became so enlightened by a Billy Squire song that I felt compelled to screen shot my phone and send it along with the declaration to all the "regular" people in my contact list. Have you noticed a change in your music preferences? As I increase my exercise routine and return to my playlists I am having to un-like some crazy stuff I've added over the years. I'm feeling a lot more Thin Lizzy than Loverboy and wondering when I thought it was a good idea revisit music as if I was 13 years old again.
So glad I'm not that "cool" adult anymore.
Oh boy.
Old 08-24-2020, 12:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I haven't really 'unliked' the music I would listen to while drinking. It tended to be a bit more maudlin and slow whereas now it tends to be a lot more upbeat as I'm playing it while giving my home a good scrub from top to bottom - bit too late to call it a spring cleaning.

Bearing in mind the main footpath from town to the station passes by my property, many people these past few days have seen me performing Don't Stop Believing, Total Eclipse of The Heart etc from the top of my kitchen steps while cleaning cupboard doors.
Old 08-24-2020, 01:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Not really changed at all. 60s are my favourite era. Although thumpy thumpy modern music - I believe that's what the genre is called - is good for exercise too.
Old 08-24-2020, 09:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I haven't changed too much - maybe more classical stuff than I used to, but I still like to rock out

As a musician, I prefer not to sing songs that glorify excess now days but they don't trigger me to listen to..