Notices

Ok thought I’d post while drinking

Old 07-30-2020, 03:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ok thought I’d post while drinking

Ok so I’ve fallen off again and yes I’m at the few drinks feel euthoric this is why I don’t want to say goodbye forever! How do you get past that!!?? You know how good it feels but you know how bad it is??!!! Especially morning after! Know how bad tomorrow will be but now I’ve got my “ Hi “ will I stop hell NO prob wake up bad crick in my neck where I fell asleep on the sofa!
Old 07-30-2020, 03:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I got past that euphoria by wanting to be sober MORE than I wanted to drink. I made a decision to stay sober and put in all my effort to stay that way. It was hard at first but it's worth the effort it takes.
Old 07-30-2020, 03:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi riversong

well the best time to post here is before you drink - we'd really like to help you decide not to drink.

Its very hard to convince someone who's drinking and who currently thinks they're having a good time, to stop.

I hope you'll post tomorrow.

D
Old 07-30-2020, 03:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Not drunk yet it’s that stage you feel great and even when sober I remember I remember all the bad but I remember that escape!
Old 07-30-2020, 03:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ok will just go away and continue my drinking alone as always!! Nite
Old 07-30-2020, 03:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That feeling after about 3-4 beers is the sweet spot for me. I then keep drinking as I try to chase that feeling from wearing off. That initial euphoria never returns and I just end up really drunk.
Old 07-30-2020, 03:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
... will I stop hell NO prob wake up bad crick in my neck where I fell asleep on the sofa!
Oh boy. It gets so much worse than a crick in your neck...
Old 07-30-2020, 04:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

When you're ready to stop we'll be here

D
Old 07-30-2020, 04:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

☹️ Sorry to read this, River. What brought this on? The weather’s going to be great tomorrow (Friday), but you’ll be hungover. Summer will be over before we know it. The phrase is something like get busy living or get busy drinking. Things need to change if you’re serious about stopping.
Old 07-30-2020, 04:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It doesn't sound like too much fun to me Riversong. You seem to be already moving past that fake high and transitioning into the inevitable surly, self-pitying, drunk-typing phase of the evening. That phase was always my undoing. I ruined many relationships that way.
Old 07-30-2020, 04:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Ok couple more drinks in and thought I’d check thought I’d been told go away! Joined as I thought I found my day 1 but turns out not! Can’t find my day one! Yes I get depression and anxiety but that no excuse neither is my marriage break down or the death of my father!! I chose to use alcohol to cope! Currently reading alcohol lied to me and hopefully by end of it I will agree!!! It does not help me! Yes it numbs me! But how do I get out of the circle? X
Old 07-30-2020, 04:27 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I got past it when that feeling went away. Or I had it very little, and regret and anxiety and knowing I was looking like a drunk and not being able to function enough to have fun etc... was the feeling more often that the other. Finally made sense to choose to feel better. So I did and I do. I sure dont miss drinking one bit. You would not either. Its your choice. Your just not ready, and I was. Thats kind of the way it is. Your just not ready till you are. Then its alot easier.
Old 07-30-2020, 04:31 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I keep feeling I’m ready don’t want to destroy my body anymore don’t want to wake up feeling like *hit any more! And then I can type a intelegent conversation while drunk! Like now!!! X
Old 07-30-2020, 04:39 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I’ve just managed to pour drink on myself and rather than shrug it off keep drinking thanks to reading on here I’m going to bed! THANKYOU!!
Old 07-30-2020, 04:44 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
nez

If the sweet spot was truly sweet, I never would have showed up here.

How to maintain the sweet spot??? Oh no... I am starting to lose the sweet spot... I had better drink some more to get back to the sweet spot once again... oh no, I overshot again...hello hell, I'm back!!!

I got nothing for you on how to drink successfully because I never learned how to. I only learned how to do it poorly. Sobriety I can tell you about because that I have learned to do that successfully and contentedly. Drinking...not so much. Lots of people on here know about sobriety, drinking we were failures at... so we can't help with that.

Old 07-30-2020, 04:47 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Ok so I’ve fallen off again and yes I’m at the few drinks feel euthoric this is why I don’t want to say goodbye forever! How do you get past that!!?? You know how good it feels but you know how bad it is??!!! Especially morning after! Know how bad tomorrow will be but now I’ve got my “ Hi “ will I stop hell NO prob wake up bad crick in my neck where I fell asleep on the sofa!
How do you get past that? Come here tomorrow and look at this thread and see how you feel. That is unless you are lucky enough to not be hungover or hopefully stopped early so as to not be so hungover tomorrow. Eventually you will realize that alcohol sucks.
Old 07-30-2020, 04:48 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

But how do I get out of the circle? X
Post here every day, especially before you drink again.
Join threads - get into a recovery mindset.

t works

D
Old 07-30-2020, 05:03 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Laying awake because I didn’t get drunk!
Old 07-30-2020, 05:04 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

GOOD! Then you will be out of the thick of it sooner.
Old 07-30-2020, 05:07 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Laying awake because I didn’t get drunk!
Yep, and tomorrow morning you will feel more rested even having not slept well than you would had you passed out drunk and went down into the abyss.