Notices

Hello Everyone

Old 02-26-2020, 11:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Hello Everyone

Hi!

I drink to avoid emotion when in abusive relationships. In 2012 this site helped me become sober and leave my abusive husband. But then what I realized today and was that my last relationship was abusive too. I've been numb for 3 + years and when I feel emotions I drink to escape my feelings. I am no longer with this person but his actions retriggered me. For the last 3 + years I have been becoming more and more depressed. Then Monday I drank and absolutely lost my mind. I think I was processing everything. But the good that came out of it was I realized I was in denial about being in another abusive relationship. I have made appointments with the correct people to deal with the abuse, but am here to get support to stay away from alcohol and when in a good place support others to quit alcohol. Sober I am an innocent survivor but when drinking I become the helpless victim. Since realizing and noting the abuse the innocent survivor is becoming more the unfuckwithable survivor and is being proactive in seeking supports and one day being a support to those who need to kick addictions in the ass.

Now that I realized the destruction I have been doing with alcohol to avoid my feelings, I realize I am DONE with that ****.

I appreciate this site so much, it is the best support system for quitting addictions I have ever known.

I am honored to be a member again.
Old 02-26-2020, 11:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome back! I hope you can get sober and stay away from abusive relationships.
Old 02-26-2020, 12:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you so much! Being sober and safe will mean the world to me.

<3
Old 02-26-2020, 12:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by CamiVonMalice View Post
Hi!
Sober I am an innocent survivor but when drinking I become the helpless victim.
Yes, this is so very true and so important. Being a survivor is powerful as opposed to being a helpless victim. I'm so glad you are getting the help you need to deal with the abuse. We're here for you.
Old 02-26-2020, 12:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Great to see you, Cami. I sabotaged myself by getting numb too. I'm so glad we aren't going to live that way anymore. Welcome back.
Old 02-26-2020, 02:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome and welcome back CamiVonMalice

D
Old 02-26-2020, 03:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome cami!
Old 02-26-2020, 07:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Cami,

Welcome to the group. I absolutely love your profile photo. Truer words have not been spoken.

I'm glad you are getting help for the abuse issues. Also stop drinking while you are doing all of this. "Unf**kwithable" sounds like a good attitude to have! Check in often please and I wish you the best.