Notices

Day 31

Old 01-08-2020, 05:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 31

Sleep was absolute garbage last night. It's partially (or maybe completely) my fault. I was on my phone too late and looked up stuff that made me anxious. I really need to be ultra strict with my sleep hygiene going forward. Oh well, at least I slept some and woke up without a hangover.
Old 01-08-2020, 08:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

First of all, congratulations. I have trouble sleeping and I've learned how important "sleep hygiene" is. At night I avoid news and such. The only website I get on late at night is this one because I find it uplifting and also relaxing. I don't know about you, but lack of sleep drives me crazy.
Old 01-08-2020, 08:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes quite a few of us with disrupted sleep patterns. Seriously, it does get better. Just my take sleep and rest often. Don't go to bed hungry. Cut out or limit caffeine before bed. Nap on couch, sleep in bed. Get rid of the night lights. Fall asleep to audiobooks and or ambient sounds. It is a complete overhaul from my drinking and using days.
Old 01-08-2020, 08:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HeadEast View Post
First of all, congratulations. I have trouble sleeping and I've learned how important "sleep hygiene" is. At night I avoid news and such. The only website I get on late at night is this one because I find it uplifting and also relaxing. I don't know about you, but lack of sleep drives me crazy.

Very good
Old 01-08-2020, 08:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

cantsleep123 -- congratulations for 31 days
Old 01-08-2020, 08:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wiscsober View Post
Yes quite a few of us with disrupted sleep patterns. Seriously, it does get better. Just my take sleep and rest often. Don't go to bed hungry. Cut out or limit caffeine before bed. Nap on couch, sleep in bed. Get rid of the night lights. Fall asleep to audiobooks and or ambient sounds. It is a complete overhaul from my drinking and using days.
Unfortunately my sleep issues predate my alcoholism (I've had trouble sleeping since I was a child) so it isn't likely to go away any time soon. Also I'm a pro when it comes to knowing what I SHOULD do, but a rookie at actually doing it consistently. I have to be very rigid or my sleep just goes to hell. Thanks for popping in!
Old 01-08-2020, 01:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope tonights sleep is better CS. Congrats on day 31 though

D