Notices

One Year No Beer

Old 12-28-2019, 07:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
TTB

One Year No Beer

An ad for One Year No Beer showed up on my facebook the other day. Has anyone tried this program? Just wondering if it was successful. Thanks in advance.

PS. Sorry if this is not the right place to post this questions.
Old 12-28-2019, 07:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi TTB - welcome back
I moved your post from the Book thread.

Never heard of it before today.
Altho they claim a money back guarantee, its a site where you have to pay for the programme.

As such we can't link to it here.

There's a lot of different methods out there these days.
I think there's a lot of other options that cost nothing that you could try.
Old 12-28-2019, 11:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I see the ads on my Facebook all the time. It looks like it’s an inspirational program where they send you motivational messages each day. I feel like I can get the same, if not better, support here at SR and this site is free.
Old 12-29-2019, 04:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Just No Beer? Seems like it wouldn't be a true sobriety plan.
Old 12-29-2019, 08:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I get their emails all the time. It's sort of a combination of motivational resources, podcasts, and such. It is for alcohol, not just beer. I just checked an email and it's 48.50 pounds per month. The people who run it are based in the UK. Not only is it 48.50 per month, it auto bills every month and those things can be hard to get out of.
Old 12-29-2019, 08:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

From what I can tell the group seems to understand that many many people have bad relationships with alcohol that need to change, and I respect that. From what I can tell though, they are preying on many people's hopes that they can normalize that relationship somehow and, down the road, drink again. They don't come out and say it that way but you don't need to dig very deep to see it. I think that approach is ethically questionable and that approach is CERTAINLY not borne out by the experience of real people. Just my humble opinion.
Old 12-29-2019, 09:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life is good

I'm seeing it a bit differently in this moment, from a non-alcoholic perspective, perhaps it's very similar to a gym membership or life coach that someone who isn't addicted to alcohol could benefit from.

One job I had exposed me to a very healthy lifestyle that challenged me to step up what I accepted as 'normal' in my life.

If a program like that has non-alcoholics doing something very healthy for their lives, more power to them.
Old 12-29-2019, 09:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Completely valid points Mango212. My worry is only for the alcoholic who desperately wants a future that includes drinking. If you quit going to the gym and stop listening to a life coach, the consequences are not nearly as dramatic as an alcoholic continuing to drink. But to your point, I know so so many people who are not addicts but do lots of different unhealthy things including drinking too much. If that is the target group then I think a fast from alcohol can be a very healthy lifestyle choice.