Notices

Controlling the future!

Old 12-15-2019, 09:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Controlling the future!

The only way I can absolutely 100 percent control my future today is by two choices.
Drink today- negative consequences
Sober today-positive consequences

everything else is up in the air to be determined.

Turning a lot of situations around to see where my part is and how
to be grateful. Like I was really hoping to see my estranged BF today
he is at his parents helping with Holiday chores. This is very stressful for him, he works full time and they live 2hrs away and are dependent on him for things.

I can be grateful that he is able to help them. That they have him to count on. I can be supportive and will meet up at some point when things calm down. He is aware I am clear headed and sober. Put his mind at ease that my pizza lunch can wait.

Not home drunk feeling sorry for myself because he blew me off for his parents again. Whom opened me with open arms but I ostracized them . (MY PART) I really have no right at this point but this is what I would do live in the rejection/hurt/devastation I would create in my mind and drink over it. Maybe being even a bit relieved I have no plans now and an earth shattering reason to drink on my own. Wake up feeling guilty/hung over and afraid of what I said or did. I have another huge situation over my head that would be revolve around my drinking.

Writing this out to see my growth.
Old 12-15-2019, 10:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sobriety = hope
drinking = hopeless
Old 12-15-2019, 10:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Brilliantly said. All spot on.
Old 12-15-2019, 05:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

As we put more distance between ourselves and that last drink bad news, even something small becomes easier to deal with. At least for me it seems to work that way. Even when I'm not drinking at the moment, but still actively using, something simple doesn't go my way and I just dwell on it. When sober it will bother me for a moment then I'm like ok, where do I go from here. Plan A is dead, what's plan B. Instead of OMG Plan A is dead, life isn't fair, I need a drink.

Good that you immediately thought of your boyfriend and the situation instead of yourself. I think for a lot of us we get so caught up in self that it destroys us.
Old 12-15-2019, 05:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great post!
Old 12-15-2019, 05:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RecklessDrunk View Post
As we put more distance between ourselves and that last drink bad news, even something small becomes easier to deal with. At least for me it seems to work that way. Even when I'm not drinking at the moment, but still actively using, something simple doesn't go my way and I just dwell on it. When sober it will bother me for a moment then I'm like ok, where do I go from here. Plan A is dead, what's plan B. Instead of OMG Plan A is dead, life isn't fair, I need a drink.

Good that you immediately thought of your boyfriend and the situation instead of yourself. I think for a lot of us we get so caught up in self that it destroys us.
Thank you for this post. OMG plan A is dead. life isn't fair, I need a drink. ----so true!! These words really do help me to think things through and move on in a POSITIVE direction.
Old 12-16-2019, 01:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Support and prayers to you
Old 12-16-2019, 01:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Remember you only have a choice over the first drink! Choose not to take that drink and you will be happy.