Invigorated?

Old 10-06-2019, 11:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Invigorated?

My AH has been officially sleeping at his new place for about 2-3 weeks now. For 6 weeks before that he was in the garage and avoiding us (not even showering or eating inside when we were home/awake).

I'm shocked at how much lighter I feel. I'm still sad for him and hoping he gets better but I feel like things are so much better for ME now. I'm doing things I've wanted to do but didn't. Some of them, like going to shows and visiting people, because I was waiting for him to want to do it with us and some, like organizing/cleaning, I just felt overwhelmed and resentful and didn't have the energy.

I was afraid of him leaving but I'm realizing that I was doing most of the work anyway PLUS all the freaking emotional labor. I think that was the most exhausting.

Just wanted to share some good that has come of what has happened that I was afraid would happen and avoided for 8-10 years.
Old 10-06-2019, 05:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

always great to see reports from the other side of FEAR!
Old 10-07-2019, 10:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am so glad you have found the positive in your experience!
Old 10-07-2019, 11:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thlayli,

It's good for you heart and soul to get out and do the things that make you happy. It has been stuck in hope for the alcoholic. It is now free to do what makes it happy.

Your heart will always have a small place for your spouse that he gets better, but your focus should be on yourself. From your post you seem to doing that. I hope you stay on this path. Be strong and know you are not alone.

Have a beautiful day.
Old 10-07-2019, 12:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Bravo! Yes, sometimes all it takes is a taste of freedom to hasten our recovery. Thank you for sharing.