Notices

I love FREAKING HOT DOGS

Old 08-17-2019, 03:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I love FREAKING HOT DOGS

I know they are made of garbage..

It used to be when I was drinking that for supper if I made hot dogs...my son would know immediately I was drinking.

Because we did have a conversation prior to me getting sober...and he asked me one night if I was drinking and I said yea....and he said...you know how I KNOW? I said No...

He said you cook "hot dogs" when you are drunk. I probably said...Do I?

99% of the time I did not eat anything for days because I just wanted to ingest alcohol...but if I got to a point of starvation...I would make a hot dog...I would only eat one...but I crave them drunk and as I found out today...sober too!

I have a little over 50 days...so everyone that knows me is waiting for the shoe to drop...and I made hot dogs tonight...because I had a craving...

But I KNOW when my son gets home he is going to come sit in this room and STARE at me and try to figure out if I am drinking. Its sad.

So, I'm not drunk...and the hot dog, relish, mustard and ketchup with potato salad...was really delicious....

I might have another one later...I made 4.....

I wouldn't have a problem drinking 4 beers and 4 vodka shots...

4 hot dogsHOT DOGS...believe it or not is MUCH BETTER FOR ME.
Old 08-17-2019, 03:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Eat the hotdogs, Missy!! And enjoy every single bite.
Old 08-17-2019, 03:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

that's too cute. it's like finding a new food group!

there is something monumental about facing something that was previously associated with using in our new sober world. it IS a victory!

by the way, my latest OMG these are disgustingly good food choice is frozen Nathan's Famous Bagel Dogs! they just should NOT be that good! LOL

i hope this doesn't throw your son too much. maybe share with him what you have here.....how you know it used to a SIGN, and you respect his fear/trepidation/concern. your life is an open book today. invite him to read it!
Old 08-17-2019, 03:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hot dogs for me were always drunk food....easy to make. I stay away from them.
Old 08-17-2019, 03:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hot dogs are delish. Booze is not. Congrats on sober time. Keep plugging away
Old 08-17-2019, 06:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post

there is something monumental about facing something that was previously associated with using in our new sober world. it IS a victory!

by the way, my latest OMG these are disgustingly good food choice is frozen Nathan's Famous Bagel Dogs! they just should NOT be that good! LOL

i hope this doesn't throw your son too much. maybe share with him what you have here.....how you know it used to a SIGN, and you respect his fear/trepidation/concern. your life is an open book today. invite him to read it!
I would show him...but my son admittedly hates human beings and doesn't care about anyone including himself...he has a very big wall up...says he doesn't want to know anything about anyone because everyone is going to die.

His outlook on life needs some serious help...which I have been helping him navigate thru this depression (refuses drs) and he has NO SUBSTANCE abuse issues...he thinks people with addictions are WEAK....He is extremely opinionated....

It didn't help I was drinking so much...and I WAS sober 10 months last year and did get some headway with him and his attitudes...He will even take FISH OIL now...and never would take a drug..(his brother was addicted to heroin..my oldest)….

We are all doing better because I am sober...sorry for the rant...but short of it is...he won't care less about what I write on here....He would say...Good Mom whatever works to keep you sober...

He sees I am on the computer forever...I've tried to read him stuff..he says..yea..yea..yea...get to the point!' LOL
Old 08-17-2019, 06:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KissMyTiara View Post
Hot dogs for me were always drunk food....easy to make. I stay away from them.
I understand this Tiara.(I hope this post wasn't a trigger)..My Dad was pushing orange juice on me today...

NO THANKS....I drank a lot of it...I told him...my share (with vodka).
Old 08-17-2019, 06:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post

HMMM...Bagel dogs...hahaha
Old 08-17-2019, 06:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberRican View Post
Hot dogs are delish. Booze is not. Congrats on sober time. Keep plugging away
Hi SoberRican...yes hot dogs are good...I ended up having 2.
Old 08-17-2019, 06:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Atlast9999 View Post
Eat the hotdogs, Missy!! And enjoy every single bite.
LOL...had 2 (oink!)
Old 08-18-2019, 01:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You sound so similar to me. I also would not eat. Until I basically could not even move. And our withdrawals have been the most severe I see from comments here. I am not good. And I don't want to read the read the "three days later I am feeling great" stuff. We all have different levels of addiction. I get that. And I am not judging people. But I am severely sick every time. And there is no bounce back after just a few days. I am hunched over because my liver hurts so much for days. Like actual back pain. And I just do it again and again. I shouldn't be commenting in the state I am in. But you showed e continual kindness here