New words

Old 07-28-2019, 10:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New words

My AH comes back from his meeting today. I’m preparing for a friends wedding. He said words I never heard before come out of his mouth. He said “I’m going to do everything I can to make you feel emotionally safe.” Wow, just wow. I didn’t think he knew or understood I have emotions. Go figure.
Old 07-28-2019, 11:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dazedandconfus View Post
My AH comes back from his meeting today. I’m preparing for a friends wedding. He said words I never heard before come out of his mouth. He said “I’m going to do everything I can to make you feel emotionally safe.” Wow, just wow. I didn’t think he knew or understood I have emotions. Go figure.
Wow.. Let's see how he gets on. But what are you doing? I am going to add making me emotionally safe to my must have list for my new beau.
Old 07-28-2019, 11:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Dazed......those words sound good.....and, I imagine that they send you a surge of hope....
Lest we forget----Remember that it is not just talking the talk---it is about walking the walk....
Words can roll off our tongues so easily.....but it is actions, over time, that tell the story.....
Old 07-28-2019, 12:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

you could ask him "and what does that actually MEAN? what does it LOOK like to you?"

just as his earlier words changed as the day went on, and ranged from I'm Leaving to I'm going to harm myself, these "new" words are still just that. words.

listen less.
observe more.
Old 07-28-2019, 01:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This^^. What Anvil said. What do those words actually MEAN? What ACTIONS will be taken?

Not worth a boot full of p*ss unless and until there are consistent actions to match the words.
Old 07-28-2019, 01:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Actions wouldn't necessarily mean anything either if he's just doing it to get you to change your mind about the divorce. He is well aware that he is about to have to move and that his life is about to drastically change...something he wants to avoid at all costs.

Is he still packing? Is he looking for another place to live? Sounds to me like he is dragging his feet in hopes you will give him another chance.
Old 07-28-2019, 01:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
Actions wouldn't necessarily mean anything either if he's just doing it to get you to change your mind about the divorce. He is well aware that he is about to have to move and that his life is about to drastically change...something he wants to avoid at all costs.

Is he still packing? Is he looking for another place to live? Sounds to me like he is dragging his feet in hopes you will give him another chance.
I’m going thru with divorce no matter what. His job might have a place for him far away, if not he understands he has to go after treatment.