Notices

Finding it hard to cope with guilt today

Old 07-26-2019, 03:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Finding it hard to cope with guilt today

My nan used to tell me it's a wasted emotion and not good for anything but I just feel so guilty today one minute I have a little elation feeling that that's it I'm going to make it this time to just feeling worthless and guilty I really did say some unforgiveable things to someone who didn't deserve who does nothing wrong and constantly thinks about everyone but himself I sometimes think should call it a day and be on my own and just end it for his sake as I can't live with him after this last binge it's disgusting and shocking how vile I become when I get to a certain point and I just keep having flashbacks of the look in his eye at one point and he looked so sad but I still didn't stop....and luckily my 9 yr old son wasn't here as he too would have witnessed it.. we are now on our 6 weeks summer holidays and I promise I will not let 1 day be ruined by that nasty stuff I'm going to be the best mum just need this guilt to go for now it's eating me alive
Old 07-26-2019, 04:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The guilt will be less painful with time.
If you can, say heartfelt sorry to the person you hurt. Tell them you do not want to be the person you become when drinking. Actions speak louder than words so you will need to back that up but it can be done. You must accept that you can NEVER drink again. It really is not the end of the world but the start of a much, much better one.
Old 07-26-2019, 04:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Its hard I know but beating yourself up can lead to more drinking.

Try and focus on getting well and staying sober - thats going to take a lot of effort and that where you energies need to be.

You can mend fences and make amends in time - but you need to get yourself well first?

D
Old 07-26-2019, 04:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I too have done many things I regretted.

Getting and staying sober will give you the opportunity to make amends. Try and focus on that ❤️