Notices

Really Want A Drink

Old 07-03-2019, 12:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Really Want A Drink

...to act on it or get one more day sober? If I dont act on it tonight, I wont be able to drink at all. Might have to work Friday.
Old 07-03-2019, 12:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I’m just gonna shoot straight here...

No, you don’t want a drink!

Play the tape through to the end. Where will that drink take you? How will you feel physically and emotionally tomorrow?

You posted here first. That tells me you don’t want a drink. Stick close to SR today. You will get through this. I believe in you.
Old 07-03-2019, 12:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's up to you. Be honest about what happens/how you feel though.
Old 07-03-2019, 12:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Go back and read some of your day one posts since you are failing to recall the misery and gruesome withdrawals.
Old 07-03-2019, 12:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Whats you plan and why are you here on sober sobriety? I assume its to quit drinking so why would you want to drink if you are trying to quit. I want a buzz but I dont want to drink. If only I could slip it past my liver I'd be good. What I do with tough purchases or decisions is wait till the next day and if I still want it I get it.
Old 07-03-2019, 12:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I deserve misery and withdrawal though. It's the punishment for all the times I made an idiot out of myself drunk. It's why I dont go back to AA. Made an idiot out of myself to all of those people when I was drunk too.
Old 07-03-2019, 12:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

AA isn't a bunch of church ladies - it's a group of DRUNKS.....they get it.
Old 07-03-2019, 12:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
Go back and read some of your day one posts since you are failing to recall the misery and gruesome withdrawals.
Yea, like this post from you.
"Today is day 5.
The withdrawal this time was worse than any other withdrawal I have experienced. And if it ever happens again, I may not live through it.

But it's not gonna happen again because this is my "aha" moment. I will never drink again and I will never change my mind. No matter what. "
Old 07-03-2019, 12:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You don't have to act on urges ... they pass.

It's never worth it to choose alcohol. No matter how you feel now, getting through another day sober is the way to go. We've all made fools of ourselves. That was yesterday, today you have a chance to regain your self-respect.

You can do this!
Old 07-03-2019, 12:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ThatWasTheOldMe View Post
I deserve misery and withdrawal though. It's the punishment for all the times I made an idiot out of myself drunk. It's why I dont go back to AA. Made an idiot out of myself to all of those people when I was drunk too.
Poor excuse. You deserve care as much as any ********.
Old 07-03-2019, 12:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

The withdrawal this time was worse than any other withdrawal I have experienced. And if it ever happens again, I may not live through it.
I don't really believe you want to die. Going back to that AA meeting and talking to the people there about whatever happened before will help. Shame thrives in isolation.
Old 07-03-2019, 12:41 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I kind of doubt its going to be the same people at the meeting. Even if some are I doubt they will remember. they have their own concerns.
Old 07-03-2019, 12:43 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Meetings change, sure, but there is a core home group for every meeting.

And honestly? who cares if they don't remember. I came clean a couple weeks ago about something I lied about in AA back when I first went and they probably didn't remember but it felt good to get it off my chest. AA is the best place to talk openly with strangers. They will understand.
Old 07-03-2019, 12:46 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Nothing is a reason to drink and you know that. If you decide to drink you have made that concious choice. But you know you dont have to.
Old 07-03-2019, 12:50 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

oh well maybe they will all be there. I only went to about a dozen meetings. Never got a chance to meet the core group or even see a face twice. Hell there were so many people there I probably would not recognize the person if I saw them twice. They all seemed totally different to me. This was back in 1992 though
Old 07-03-2019, 12:57 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I don't believe you really want to drink. I hope you don't.
Old 07-03-2019, 03:07 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Dont do it. You will regret it I promise you. Sure first few cold beers or drinks might go down good feel refreshing . Then what everybody leaves goes back to their normal ruetine goes home. You.....get all poopfaced feeling like poop. Your guilt is gonna make you get aa case of the bleep it's. And here we go again on that viciuos cycle. I know I dont have any more relapses in me. .......iwndwyt
Old 07-03-2019, 03:30 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ThatWasTheOldMe View Post
welcome to the oldest,"embarrassing things i did when i was drunk" club.
nothin unique here,TWTOM. been 1 or 674,328....29...30...31 people that have showed to a meeting drunk. many of them got the courage to return and got serious about recovery. i have quite a bit of respect for them.
if ya want to make your user name true, then yer gonna have to put in the actions for recovery-starting with not drinking even if your ass is falling off, then getting into action.

id rather see someone who was drunk at a meeting and acting foolish return than read their obit.
Old 07-03-2019, 04:29 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

You don't deserve punishment at all.

Drinking again will just reinforce those feelings and give you more memories of things to be embarrassed about.

It'll further empty your wallet and bank balance too - and keep you stuck in jobs you don't like.

I think you need to get out of your own head, man - it's easy to wallow and to spiral into self hatred and resentment.

Been there.

Ever thought of volunteering in your community? Do something good for someone else - you'll likely feel better about yourself too?

D
Old 07-03-2019, 04:47 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Did you hold off on the drink thatwastheoldme? Looks like SR made a pretty good argument.