My ex-girlfriend almost got jailed :(

Old 11-20-2004, 05:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy My ex-girlfriend almost got jailed :(

Hello Everyone, The latest news on the ex-gf/ex-bf love front is that my ex-girlfriend becky almost got jailed for a 1.8 alcohol test while she was driving. She has been drinking like crazy for the past couple of days ever since she got out of rehabilitation and can't seem to let it go. Her friend Duke paid the $500-650 to bail her out or for the accident that happened and now Duke's not talking to her. Duke is the guy who helped her raise her kids, i've never met him in person but he must be a nice guy to be so generous, i wish i could give him my thanks. So now she's gonna go back to Brighton Rehabilitation for a few days or for however long her insurance can cover her for. And hopefully she'll get some recovery out of that. She's in such dire straits right now, i told her about what was necessary on my part generating from al-anon and she said she'd talk to me more about al-anon. So she's sounding in pretty good spirits right about now. I hope everything works out because i really want her to succeed in this and i want her to get well just like everyone else who suffers this problem.

But as you all say "there really is nothing that i can do to help her except support her" And i'll do everything i can to support her, i can be very supportive of her. I just hope that she stays on the right track and eventually comes around to the realization that after much turmoil and hindrance, help is all she needs to get her to good health. I hope to hear from you soon,good luck in all you do.

Signed,
Greg
Old 11-20-2004, 09:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Don't thank Duke. Because of his "loving" act, your ex is not having to face the consequences of her actions. I could kick myself for all the times I helped Dino get out of jail. Loss and consequence were the things that made him wake up and I (and others) stood between him and those things for too long.

I hope your ex wakes up, too. Don't thank the guy who shut off the alarm clock.

Hugs,
Smoke
Old 11-20-2004, 10:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dee at Mt Bully

Hi Greg! Smoke is very wise anyone including you who bails your GF out is not
helping her. She has to have a real reason to want to get help and consequences
and loss are very visible motivaters. If it is to easy for her she will be less likely
to realize how much she needs help. I don't want to sound heartless--we have all
been worried about our loved ones and we all work at learning to step back and let
go. It doesn't mean we don't care it's just the opposit. Take care-Smiles--Dee
Old 12-04-2004, 03:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Red face Sorry if i'm lagging behind

Hello Everyone, First i want to say Happy Holidays to all of you. And second i would like to thank all of you for your support because as of late things have been going real well for Becky and I (which i will state in another post). But just to let you know i really think Becky has started recovering from her alcoholism and she's on a roll . I want to thank you guys and gals for being here for me, i'm sorry if i haven't spent enough time with you "as a society" probably because i've spent more time in my AS society talking to my aspie friends. But i guess as they always say "aspies for aspies and addicts for addicts ". So anyways i will let you go, thanks for everything, i am going to write another post that is more up to date about what is going on in her life as of late and i'd like your take on things. I hope to hear from you soon,good luck in all you do.

Signed,
Greg