Notices

Been here before

Old 03-27-2019, 09:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Been here before

Well,. I was here as lynnjenn and could not get it to log me in .I'm back .My husband is suffering from crack addiction and alcoholism .he has been on crack for 5 years and I figured it out almost 4 years ago .he has been to several rehabs, jail, and he suffers from mental health issues. So when he's actively using he can become very violent. But me being the wife who loves her husband I have worked very hard on enabling and distancing myself .but im not good at remembering he's a crack head even when he's sober and doing well.

Just the past year he was in jail 1/2 of 2018 .he spent the last half in rehab and programs .Coming to the 24th of March would have been 6 months clean. When he left rehab end of 2018. I let him come home .he had mental health support with visits 3 times a week. He had classes every other day all day which included drug test, he had Rx for his mental health. I was feeling like this is going in a good direction. My mom died and he was very auppsuppor and did not show signs of stress .

We we're cleaning out my mom dresser like 4 days ago and we found her weed stash and bowl. He said I'mma keep that bowl for when I start smoking weed next year. I said to him .that's a dangerous train of thought .You should talk to your sponsor about that. He had a sponsor also and was going to AA meetings almost every day.

So heeh ww are
Old 03-27-2019, 09:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lynnjenn2 View Post
Well,. I was here as lynnjenn and could not get it to log me in .I'm back .My husband is suffering from crack addiction and alcoholism .he has been on crack for 5 years and I figured it out almost 4 years ago .he has been to several rehabs, jail, and he suffers from mental health issues. So when he's actively using he can become very violent. But me being the wife who loves her husband I have worked very hard on enabling and distancing myself .but im not good at remembering he's a crack head even when he's sober and doing well.

Just the past year he was in jail 1/2 of 2018 .he spent the last half in rehab and programs .Coming to the 24th of March would have been 6 months clean. When he left rehab end of 2018. I let him come home .he had mental health support with visits 3 times a week. He had classes every other day all day which included drug test, he had Rx for his mental health. I was feeling like this is going in a good direction. My mom died and he was very auppsuppor and did not show signs of stress .

We we're cleaning out my mom dresser like 4 days ago and we found her weed stash and bowl. He said I'mma keep that bowl for when I start smoking weed next year. I said to him .that's a dangerous train of thought .You should talk to your sponsor about that. He had a sponsor also and was going to AA meetings almost every day.

So heeh ww are
Today. My husband and I got in an argument .he lied and didn't go to a meeting he said he did. He came home and came clean about it .I listened and advise he call his sponsor. But I wasn't happy and he would have to give up the keys to mumom car. He first said no and o said oh we can break up over these keys. He has now been gone for two days from this argument. I rode up on him today. He said he such a eff up he was just effin up. He has made the decision to not return home or see his son or any of that. He threw away his phone and has a new one .Said he is going out of town then he gonna kill hißself. Yeah right. So I left him out there high and drunk .his life his choice. I just am having a hard time how to tell the kids .the older 3 and his son missing him. I just needed to vent as he was just doing so well it seemed . His sponsor said he will pray for him.

I can't cure it, I can't control it, and I didn't cause it. It's his life to do as he pleases. Time for me to make it final and get a divorce. We deserve better. And it's been long enough.

#mylimit
Old 03-27-2019, 09:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Hi Lynnjenn,

I am very sorry for what brings you here. I hope this forum will help you move forward. Here are links to the "friends and Family" sections of this forum:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ly-alcoholics/

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...tance-abusers/

I found the support of others in a twelve-step program to be invaluable to my recovery. There is likely an Al Anon support group with regular meetings near you.
Old 03-27-2019, 10:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your situation Lynn. Have you considered AlAnon in your city as a support for you?
Old 03-27-2019, 04:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back LynnJenn
I hope your husband changes his mind and sticks with full recovery,

D
Old 03-27-2019, 07:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This has been my Al Anon group .I read here more than I post here .
Old 03-27-2019, 07:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Dee74;7152873]Welcome back LynnJenn
I hope your husband changes his mind and sticks with full recovery .

He is dual diagnosis and his cycle is usually 2-4 weeks before his mind eases up on him .I intercepted his pay check and cancel the debit card he has .Hopefully he goes closer to 2weeks this time. And his usual crew he turns to for money have learned his antics. I'm going to keep praying for him. Good has this under control. So I'm home relaxing in my warm bed while he is throwing his life away . BTW I just told my kids he moved in with his mom and he doesn't live here anymore . I hate to lie .but no need to crush them with adult details.

Last edited by Lynnjenn2; 03-27-2019 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Mis spelling
Old 03-27-2019, 11:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know lots of DD folks here who are securely sober so I wish the best for him, and for you too, Lynnjenn

The AlAnon idea is a pretty good suggestion too

D
Old 03-28-2019, 12:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Talking

He telling me now I need to go .
Old 03-28-2019, 12:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Is your husband back at home with you and your children, Lynn? Is he telling you to leave the home?
Old 03-28-2019, 05:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

We we're out in a public place and he said this face to face .he is sober now maybe 11hours and has seen two mental health professional and been to a meeting .Right now it's typically sleep for a couple days when he comes back from a relapse. This is the short est one (binge) yet .I had text him one of his passeges about only he could decide how long he will stay there. So seems he's decided not tonight. He told his peers in AA he relapse and picked up his chip.

I am going to call this drug dealer Tonight .I'm going to let him know that he can't get the money .I put it inthe rent. He can either be against it or with it .He doesn't know where we live and it's only 200$. I'mma be my nice csr self. But firmly you're not getting it. I will let my husband know when he finally wakes up . Worst could happen buddy say he not hearing me .but my mother in law is willing to pay him .I'm going to try to charge it to the game. We shall see.

Today has been a long day and I'm happy I can be completely honest here and receive unbiased honest opinions and responses .

Thank u everyone

Last edited by Lynnjenn2; 03-28-2019 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Mistake
Old 03-28-2019, 05:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Not like that

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Is your husband back at home with you and your children, Lynn? Is he telling you to leave the home?

Oh and I meant go like go to an Al Anon meeting . I just realized you may have taken it like go away from him . No ma'am. I take heed to those warnings.

Last edited by Lynnjenn2; 03-28-2019 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Mistake