Just checking in....

Old 03-06-2019, 10:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just checking in....

So, I have been in my new home since June 2018. I love it, I really love my house. It has so much character to it. It has 4 levels. One of them is a loft area for my 4 cats. They needed that, since I did adopt 2 mini aussies. (Australian Shepherds). I had originally adopted a mini aussie puppy, then months later I saw that her father was still there, so I adopted him also. That dog had been abused, so I have been working with him daily.

Well, finally the weather is going to start getting warmer, so I am going to start painting my house, there's a lot of rooms in this house, so it will take me awhile to do that. I also plan on doing some landscaping, I love perennial gardens. I can even do some vegetables here since I have not seen deer on my property.

I am so thankful to SR for helping me to "keep my head on straight", and also because I always had that attitude of "don't tell me that I am not capable of doing something, because I can, and I will".

I am 63 now, so this may be the last time that I climb ladders to paint, or dig holes to plant trees, but then again, maybe not.

I will always continue to live by, "you can always do whatever you set your mind to do".

SR is always in my heart and in my mind. I really want to thank all of the courageous people who post here, for no reason at all except to help someone else. Thank You.

(((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))
amy
Old 03-06-2019, 11:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

A happy post- glad your new home is healing and tranquil.
Old 03-07-2019, 03:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

congratulations on all you must have overcome! a heartwarming post!
Old 03-07-2019, 04:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

my….so glad to hear this good update.....you deserve every bit of it!
I have to ask---are there many deer in the community...the nearby hills?
I would suppose that the mini aussies would chase them away, should they come...?
Old 03-07-2019, 07:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Love this friend! Happy painting and planting!!!
Old 03-07-2019, 08:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Always good to hear from you Amy, it sounds like you are about to become very busy.

So glad that you are feeling so happy and secure in your new home.
Old 03-07-2019, 05:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Beautiful post Amy - you sound very contented & happy 😊
Thank you for posting, its always good to hear from you.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

What a lovely post, I enjoyed reading it, thank you
Old 03-07-2019, 07:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you for checking in, Amy!

So happy to hear life is treating you well.
Old 03-08-2019, 04:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'm just so happy for you, Amy!!
Old 03-08-2019, 07:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
my….so glad to hear this good update.....you deserve every bit of it!
I have to ask---are there many deer in the community...the nearby hills?
I would suppose that the mini aussies would chase them away, should they come...?
Hi dandy,

I live near the Appalachian Trails, about a 10 minute walk from my house. I'm in an established community. Houses are older here, so I guess the deer just tend to stay in the woods near my home. I have a fence in my yard, but I know that means nothing to a deer, they can jump about 8 ft. I've never seen one here though, and I'm not use to that. I have lived with deers and bears since 1993. My aussies chase the rabbits, squirrels and birds. They never caught one though.

My other aussie that passed away use to chase the deer, bear, and turkies. Only chased the bear cubs though, she wasn't stupid enough to chase a full grown bear, and when she heard the mama bear coming after she chased the cubs up a tree, she took off and ran right to the house.
---------------------

You know, I never thought my life would turn out the way that it did. I love it here. I have a neighbor that plows my car pad, and won't accept any money for it. I have my propane fireplace, I don't have to clean out a wood stove anymore. My dogs have their space, my cats have their space, and I have my space. I do have a cat that helps me type and I am so happy when I catch that before she steps on the enter key.

I love my house more each day that I live here. I moved here last summer and I was just overwhelmed with the move, the packing, unpacking, buying furniture, etc... that I wasn't really allowing my creative part of my mind to work. This spring and summer I will have that time, and I am looking forward to that.

I remember when I bought that foreclosure log cabin, that needed all that work. I needed to do that at that time. The cabin was abused, and so was I, and we healed together, we got stronger together, and it was time to move on from there. This is my life now!!!!!!!

((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))
amy
Old 03-09-2019, 02:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm so happy for you Amy!