Notices

My First Drinking Dream

Old 02-23-2019, 04:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My First Drinking Dream

Well, it happened. 17 days sober today and I dreamed I was chugging a bottle of wine and feeling like crap about it. I knew I was relapsing in my dream but could not stop doing it. I was SOOOOO glad to wake up sober to get ready for the gym and my meeting this morning.

I quit smoking over 18 years ago and STILL occasionally dream I start smoking again. I know how relieved I am when I wake up from those too. The feelings are so real. Just whew.

Going to a comedy club tonight. My first night out since quitting this time. I will be with my husband who does not drink at all and would not just sit by and watch me relapse without intervening, so I know I am safe. Excited to have some fun tonight and wake up another day sober tomorrow.

Happy Saturday everyone!!!
Old 02-23-2019, 01:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I had one last night. I got trashed with some of the guys I used to drink with. Haven't seen any of them in years. I didn't even realize that people dream about drinking after stopping. 54 days and I had that stupid dream last night.
Old 02-23-2019, 03:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you enjoy your sober night tonight Usta

D
Old 02-24-2019, 08:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

After more than two years sober I still get them. It's weird, I have zero cravings , I spend very little time thinking about alcohol or drinking in general and I have no problem being around drinkers/alcohol. I feel pretty secure in my sobriety. But I still have the dreams and I think might have them for the rest of my life. In a way, I'd like to keep them since they are a good reminder that I'm not normal and it reminds me that I must never have a drink again. I