Notices

Ruined my life

Old 02-15-2019, 06:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ruined my life

I am new to this forum and extremely desperate. My alcoholism has gotten to the stage where I need help. I am in my mid twenties and have had a problem since sixteen I was anorexic and I found alcohol made me cope with the prospect of having to eat otherwise I would be sectioned so drinking helped me to not care about eating well drinking to oblivion and hardly remembering eating the first instance. Altough not until now a morning noon and night drinker I am in dire straits I have quit my goverment job convinced I have a serious illness which has made my drinking worse. Have lost numerous relatinonships due to my embarrassing antics upset my family totalled my car lost my house am almost chucked out of my parents. At this moment since leaving work is so new only last week im ridiculously ill emotionally and physically to ill to go to doctors I will obviously have to I have lymph nodes in my neck arm and groin along with acid reflux hence why I think there is something wrong with me. Before quitting work my drinking was bad but not on this scale life is awful I have ruined my life and cannot pull it together the doctors in my country are crap and work on a budget basis. Im not sure if anyone will respond but I need this rant for my own good.
Old 02-15-2019, 07:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, Indie.
Welcome.
do you have a doctor? Sounds like maybe detox and rehab might help get you started on recovery?
Old 02-15-2019, 07:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I would definitely go to a doctor or to an ER. And, if you aren't happy with your doctor, get a second opinion. It sounds like you want to change your life and that would be a good place to start.
Old 02-15-2019, 07:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Indie. I second the above posts. Maybe part of my story can help:

When I was living with regular flares of crohns while drinking daily I was killing myself. I could not even begin to deal with the former until I cut off the poison.

I had to go to the hospital to get treatment for undiagnosed and ignored escalation of Crohn’s disease.

I was too scared to go to the doctor because I was terrified of what they would tell me.

Little did I know that going to the ER would be the first step on a path toward health of mind, body and spirit — and remission.

Anorexia and alcoholism are both serious, both need treated — and with this kind of comorbidity, professional support is an absolute must. You can’t do this on your own, and your parent’s aren’t equipped to help you recover. You won’t be able to start the path of recovery until you put down the drink and get real help.

Anna’s advice of going to the ER is a very good one. But follow up with a crisis center for either alcohol (rehab) and/or eating disorders.

Keep posting, too. We all stand with you, and many of us have been in the dark place you are now.

There is light.
Old 02-15-2019, 07:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Indie - I'm so glad you're here. Please know you are never alone. We all understand & want to help.

Reading & posting here helped with my anxiety in the early days of recovery. I hope you'll seek medical assistance to help with your detox. You are young & can turn this around. This is the beginning of a new life for you.
Old 02-15-2019, 12:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

If you are drinking every waking moment, you may have a rough time trying to quit as far as withdrawal symptoms. I once quit a good job too. I was a mess and paranoid I was going to get fired. My absences, tardiness, and drop in performance was becoming an issue and I was terrified that my alcoholism would be exposed.

I tried to sober up, but I would go through withdrawal each morning and could barely type emails at work because my hands were shaking so bad. I should have gone to a doctor or even the ER. I didn't. I quit the job and drank all day for months. You will probably need a medically assisted detox which usually just involves a course of medication.
Old 02-15-2019, 04:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Indy

One of my favourite sayings is 'it'll be ok in the end - if its not ok, it's not the end'

A lot of us destroyed our lives pretty good as drinkers. But everyone has the chance to rebuild

I was the neighbourhood drunk. Mums shooed their kids away from me. Now I'm back as a respectable member of society

You're lifes not ruined - it's just waiting for a reboot. Version 2.0

Never give up or lose hope. You can rebuild too, no matter how hard you crashed

D
Old 02-15-2019, 06:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome. I was severely anorexic and hospitalized for it. I am also an alcoholic (sober now). Please make sure your health is ok. That will be a weight off your shoulders. Even if something is wrong once you know you can do something about it. Keep posting. There is great support here. My best to you.
Old 02-15-2019, 06:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I would also suggest a medically supervised detox, to make sure you're safe and comfortable during the first several days. Post here often to let us know how you're doing. We care and we understand how hard this is.
Old 02-15-2019, 08:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey just thought I'd say hey. I ain't much of a success story yet myself but just thought I'd say hey cos a) I relate to your username (I'm all about indie music) and b) I know about eating disorders alongside drinking. Basically I'm a skinny(ish) 30something who has only ever successfully cut drinking in the past so as to lose weight. I am also a complete neurotic: depression, anxiety, OCD, insomnia, the ******* lot. I am off sick from work right now, not even officially. I am AWOL from work, possibly fired, in fact. I wish us and everyone else here the best of luck. Peace.
Old 02-15-2019, 08:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

welcome to the club
Old 02-15-2019, 10:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey Indie, you should join the February 2019 support class. I’m in it and the people are amazing and very supportive. We are all in early sobriety. I have 12 days. I hope to see you there! Hang in there.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ad-pt-2-a.html
Old 02-16-2019, 06:06 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome to the family! Just jumping in to join the chorus of support — for coming here, for seeking medical and other help, and for joining the February class. Hope you keep coming back!
Old 02-16-2019, 12:44 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Indie!!