Not this time Satan

Old 12-26-2018, 06:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not this time Satan

Okay that probably isn't as funny as it sounded in my head.

He tried to ruin my holiday because he couldn't drink. Actually, he could have he just chose not to. My SIL and her husband are worse than AH with alcohol they have a whole cabinet of liquor. Anyway, he acted like a psycho right before the Christmas Eve get together. I ignored him. He then asked me after we got home. If I was done pouting...ummm what? I told him I wasn't pouting, he was obviously upset about something and I chose not to engage while he was clearly angry to avoid arguing and ruining our son's holiday.

Then Christmas day he yelled at my mom, because he overheard her inviting my extremely toxic brother to live in our city. I quietly reminded him that we don't own the city or the state and have zero control over who moves here. He wasn't thrilled with me over that one but there was no reason to be upset over something we just can't control.

He did apologize and we returned to SIL's house for Christmas dinner. Everything was fine.

He had to try it I guess. I'm not quite sure what he thought he would accomplish, even if I said "fine, here's some money for liquor" No stores were open. except gas stations and he will not drink beer or wine.

Some slight drama but nothing major.

I hope everyone had a good christmas.
Old 12-26-2018, 11:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well, I'm glad he didn't ruin it but it still sounds really - stressful? He yelled at your Mom. That's just weird, whether it's Christmas or any of the other 364 days in the year.

Does it just seem normal because you have been living in an abnormal situation for so long do you think or is this how the family "communicates"? I know some families raise their voices at each other and it's not considered out of place really.
Old 12-27-2018, 07:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
Well, I'm glad he didn't ruin it but it still sounds really - stressful? He yelled at your Mom. That's just weird, whether it's Christmas or any of the other 364 days in the year.

Does it just seem normal because you have been living in an abnormal situation for so long do you think or is this how the family "communicates"? I know some families raise their voices at each other and it's not considered out of place really.
LOL it was slightly stressful but not nearly as bad as it has been in the past.

It didn't start out as yelling... He told her to stop encouraging him to move here. She told him to eff off she could do as she pleased and she wants both her kids to live in the same area and it escalated from there.

My mom and dad were yellers and so is AH and his family. I don't do that. I guess that's just how they communicate.
Old 12-28-2018, 08:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ugh. Sounds stressful.