Stressed. Putting it down/taking breaks.

Old 12-19-2018, 10:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

Stressed. Putting it down/taking breaks.

What stresses are you going through and how are you doing?

Life changes constantly. Through acceptance of this, I find it easier to take breaks from whatever it going on to get in touch with the changes going in with me internally.

This week has so far been extremely stressful. I'm dealing with it well. I put down the stress. I let/allow/have tools now in releasing it from my mind and body. And new stress has been coming up. Dealing with CPS is something new. 7 weeks into this and I received my first phone call from the agent who told me she'd be contacting me with more information the next week (that would have been the first week of November). My phone calls and emails were not responded to by this office, but in the meantime I had visited with people from several other offices who reassured me of procedure and gave me additional phone numbers to call.

Talking about this helps. It's good to take a step back and recognize the stress and where it's coming from.

I talked with an administrator at a recovery center out of state this morning. I visited this place last summer. It's calm, peaceful and has a different feel than the first two rehab centers my husband went to. This place somehow wound up on a short list the first time my husband was looking at recovery centers. Maybe it's simply a great place for me to touch base with to find my own center and balance.

Today the admin mirrored back to me the stress I've been under and that I'm navigating an extremely difficult situation very well. To be able to keep my distance from the chaos and "helping", and be able to give a hug, kindness and step away again is getting easier.

I was able to let her know what their place has meant to myself and DS11 in terms of hope, that when I see their ads it means something really good to me (this is personal/internal regarding my own recovery from this disease as it affects the whole family) and give a "Merry Christmas" wish for them.
Old 12-19-2018, 11:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life is good

Lavender oil. Boiling water for tea. Unpacked a bag and my bottle of Vitamin D oil dropped unexpectedly into my hand. I took a large dose.

I'm taking time out from my plans of the day for comfort food and 20 minutes of mindful fun tv. Guy's Grocery Games.
Old 12-19-2018, 12:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I went to take some vitamin D the other day and read the pkg, it was best before some time in 2016.

I did buy oils this week though - today in my room it's peppermint! I really like them.
Old 12-19-2018, 01:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life is good

I love peppermint oil.

Big shifts back to my balance.
A.H. https://youtu.be/K5D78ubd1pQ
I relate to the "shock absorbers" analogy.
Old 12-19-2018, 02:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just realized I may have over done it

<cough, cough, cough>

Going to add more water!!

haha
Old 12-19-2018, 02:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life is good

Friends don?t let friends drink essential oils ? The Barefoot Dragonfly

To relieve a headache, rub a drop of peppermint oil on the temples, forehead, over the sinuses (stay away from the eyes) and on the back of the neck. Place 2 drops of peppermint oil on the tongue and rub another drop under the nose to improve alertness and concentration.
A steam inhalation is one of the best home remedies for cold and for coughs and an effective sinus infection home remedy. Steam inhalations can also to relieve sore throats and catarrh. Inhalations are easy to do and can be made more effective by adding essential oils, especially oils with decongestant, antibacterial and antiviral properties. Some of the most useful oils are Eucalyptus, Pine, Lavender, Rosemary, Peppermint and Tea Tree.

How to Make a Steam Inhalation:

Simply heat up water up to boiling point on a stove or in an electric kettle. Remove from heat and pour the water into a large bowl. Add 3-4 drops of essential oil, cover your head and the bowl with a large bath towel, place your face above the bowl but not so close that the steam will burn your face, and inhale the hot steam for several minutes. I do up to ten minutes or until the water cools down.

Make sure you don’t burn yourself, and keep the kids and pets away from the steaming bowl. If you have a cold, a persistent cough or a sinus infection, steam inhalations can be done several times a day.
Use, enjoy, stay safe!
Old 12-19-2018, 02:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mango212 View Post
Friends don?t let friends drink essential oils ?
lol - that made me laugh, ty Mango!

I actually use an oil diffuser, I say "use" i'm no oil expert, peppermint is only the second oil I have tried, used orange earlier in the week and looking forward to lavendar!

The headache remedy, that's really useful.
Old 12-19-2018, 02:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life is good

:I haven't used a diffuser yet. Wild orange and OnGuard are wonderful, too.
Old 12-24-2018, 08:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Life is good

I'm going to an Al-anon noon meeting. I went to the tail end of an open AA meeting yesterday.

Good nutrition, uplifting music and visiting some dear friends are on my list today.

One day at a time.

Happy Monday, everyone!
Old 12-25-2018, 02:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Life is good

Allowing happiness, an open heart and wellness.

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-25-2018, 03:00 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Merry Christmas, Mango!

Me too!
Old 01-03-2019, 02:03 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Life is good

Hi Seren!

Happy New Year, everyone.

Visiting friends yesterday reminds me how vitally important the inbetween moments of life are. The points between the words. The space between doing.

Putting down stresses of life. Picking up recovery skills. Embracing the beautiful goodness of the day, in many ways.

Old 01-03-2019, 02:08 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

So stressed lately that I have managed to crack a tooth!! Ouch!

Working toward a brighter new year !!!
Old 01-03-2019, 05:12 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm the most stressed I have ever been at the moment, something is happening in a couple of weeks and if the outcome is unfavorable it will literally effect the rest of my life (no it's not a DUI). I go to bed worrying about it and wake up worrying about it.

I'm not used to this level of stress and it's making me short tempered and irritable, which I'm trying really hard not to unleash on everyone around me.

To try and combat it I'm doing my normal things: practicing gratitude, meditation, aromatherapy oils, exercise where I can plus I take a herbal supplement to cope with the anxiety.

I hate being this stressed, I can't wait for it to be over.