How Was Everyone's Thanksgiving?

Old 11-23-2018, 06:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How Was Everyone's Thanksgiving?

Mine started out well enough. We watched the Macy's Parade, the Westminster (sp?) dog show, and then AH started to act like an alcoholic.

I made a huge spread. Too much food for just 3 people. It's all still sitting on the kitchen counter because AH didn't do his part (I cook, he cleans) and I was just so over the whole situation, I said F it and went to bed.

It was not our best Thanksgiving. I'd love to hear how ya'lls was though! Happy, not great.....whatever. Sending hugs and love out to all of you.
Old 11-23-2018, 06:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Mine was nice. Had a wonderful meal with friends and then took the dog out for a stroll to look at squirrels!
Old 11-23-2018, 06:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You ready for the Auburn Alabama game, RollTide?
Old 11-23-2018, 07:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Mine was nice and laid back. I did however get a bit anxious(unsettled) as evening wore on. Lately, I've been a recluse for the past 8 months so having family in town was different.
Old 11-23-2018, 07:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LovePeaceSushi View Post
Mine started out well enough. We watched the Macy's Parade, the Westminster (sp?) dog show, and then AH started to act like an alcoholic.

I made a huge spread. Too much food for just 3 people. It's all still sitting on the kitchen counter because AH didn't do his part (I cook, he cleans) and I was just so over the whole situation, I said F it and went to bed.

It was not our best Thanksgiving. I'd love to hear how ya'lls was though! Happy, not great.....whatever. Sending hugs and love out to all of you.
Mine was great, no hangover. It never use to be this way, as Thanksgiving was the beginning of a 4 day binge for me. An excuse for getting wasted.

Faith, Family and Friends trump getting drunk.
Old 11-23-2018, 07:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Apollo, I can empathize. I love to be alone, so when company comes over it can be exhilarating but exhausting. I'm glad you had a good time. <3
Old 11-23-2018, 09:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I had a lovely day. Quiet and peaceful. AH was pleasant and we shared some nice time together. When the drink kicked in, I moved to another room. No biggie. I love time on my own.

I was chatting to a pal recently and realised that I don't want a full time relationship. In many ways being with an alkie who is checked out most of the time suits me. He is very ill too so isn't mobile so I don't go out him, just with my gal pals which also suits me.
Old 11-23-2018, 11:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Out of state visiting my family, so I have a lot of anxiety about how my ABF is doing at home. But I have been able to distract myself from what's going on with him at home, and have checked in on here whenever the anxiety threatens to overwhelm me. So overall, not my worst Thanksgiving I made it through everyone asking how he's doing and where he is. And me and my family didn't even have to have any drinks to enjoy each other
Old 11-23-2018, 01:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

“You ready for the Auburn Alabama game, RollTide?“

I’m ready! Thanks for asking.
Old 11-23-2018, 02:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Mine was better than the last several years.

Got up at o dark thirty to take the bird out of the brine, tie it up and slather it with a citrus sage butter I made. Had the kidlets get up and deliver it to SIL's house with strict roasting instructions (in laws don't cook so this was a huge gamble LOL)

Got a few double time and a half hours at my part time job.

Went home and made Mac and Cheese and my mom had made her artichoke dressing. YUMMMMM and carted it all to my SIL's (we're lucky that dressing made it there)

AH chose not to drink even though SIL's husband was clearly sloshed.

Dinner was nice full of a lot of food and laughter.

I indulged in a ton of carbs. LOL and my body is punishing me severely for the overload of carbs and sugar. I've been drinking bone broth today to recover.
Old 11-23-2018, 02:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It was good. Time spent with family, good food, and a nap afterwards.
Old 11-23-2018, 02:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I tried some new recipes with children (3 chocolate pies). Two pies turned out well. Husband did dishes with son.

Children and I commented how sad it was without M who died last year and always came to thanksgiving. Husband didn't even notice our feelings.
Old 11-23-2018, 03:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Er, sadly....one of the worst I've had
Old 11-23-2018, 03:52 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I am sorry to hear that, Seren….I have had some great ones and some really, really sad/bad ones, myself...…
Yesterday, my was peaceful and very uneventful....lol...that is actually in the category of "good" by my relaxed standards...lol....
Old 11-23-2018, 04:02 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hearthealth View Post
I tried some new recipes with children (3 chocolate pies). Two pies turned out well. Husband did dishes with son.

Children and I commented how sad it was without M who died last year and always came to thanksgiving. Husband didn't even notice our feelings.
THREE chocolate pies? You have my respect! I am also very sorry for the loss of your M.
Old 11-23-2018, 04:05 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Seren, I'm sorry to hear that. ((((((hugs)))))))
Old 11-23-2018, 07:09 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I went to 3 AA meetings. I have been sober for over 7 years and had a hard time dealing with certain issues. I have overcome huge hardship, loss and sorrow but I am still clean and sober. AA is the best.
Old 11-24-2018, 09:27 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Life is good

Thanksgiving was amazing. Lots of God signs. Fabulous food. I reached a new breaking point that evening and made it through it! I'm rebalancing, feeling positive and hopeful, and enjoying this day.

Thanksgiving weekend is full of good surprises.

Old 11-24-2018, 10:54 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Great and sucked at the same time!

Our kid was home from college. It was so great... the night before, AH was out there night before, definitely got drunk. Was hungover and had very little sleep when we had to wake up to go to airport to pick up college kid. I was not pissed (i'm in process of learning to detach)... headed to family for the day. AH cracked open a high alcohol content beer at 11:00 a.m. need I say more?? We left family around 9pm, he was RIPPED. i'm driving us home, because that's what I always do, and AH decides it's a great time to have a relationship talk. (Our college kid is in backseat, have not seen kid since August...kid DID NOT DESERVE THIS BULLS@@#). I was accused of wanting to mimic my BFF who recently divorced and found happiness...I was accused of planning a divorce and hooking up with someone else so I could be just like my BFF. I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THIS CAME FROM. I have to chalk it up to he has to create this wacked out scenario so he can continue protecting his alcohol loving habit. I was BEYOND HURT . He crossed a line . I told him there may be no coming back for me. I'm emotionally detached. I am so upset. He RUINED our holiday weekend. The next day, he realized what he had said. I know he is sincerely sorry but I'm getting further and further detached on every level.
Old 11-24-2018, 12:12 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I had a fabulous day.
Got a text from one of my estranged sisters that said "Happy Thanksgiving" with a waving drumstick. A few months ago I had to close my Yelp account because this same person had found yet another way to Harrass me.
So I blocked her then went out for dinner.
It was a wonderful day!!!