breaking points

Old 11-18-2018, 01:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

breaking points

What's your go-to when you reach a breaking point?

i hit another one. I'm taking this with a new realization of it simply a sign to pause, to allow humaness. To reparent myself & my inner child.

Planning on a late night bowl of Rice Chex, quiet time and back to sleep.
Old 11-18-2018, 01:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mango212 View Post
What's your go-to when you reach a breaking point?

i hit another one. I'm taking this with a new realization of it simply a sign to pause, to allow humaness. To reparent myself & my inner child.

Planning on a late night bowl of Rice Chex, quiet time and back to sleep.
Music. And trying to focus on one instrument or one voice in a harmony.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Innocent, children's programs....Peppa Pig, Curious George....

It is distracting and cheerful
Old 11-18-2018, 12:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

A long hike in the woods with my dog, blasting music while taking a hot bath, getting a coffee and driving around, crocheting. Before I came to SR, I rarely did any of those things. Now when I feel the pressure building, I MAKE time to take care of myself.
Old 11-18-2018, 12:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Aw Mango, I'm sorry.

When I'm super stressed and anxious I watch any light, funny, distracting TV show. New, old, doesn't matter. For hours if need be.

I listen to guided meditations. I read scriptures. I read "Daily Gratitude" postings on this meditation app I have called Insight Timer.

If I make it a point to walk at least 15 minutes, outside, I feel better.
Old 11-18-2018, 05:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life is good

Thank you!

Church this morning. Hot tea. Meditation. Restorative yoga this evening.

One day at a time.

#healingactions
Old 11-19-2018, 06:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Joyce Meyer books, and binging on Netflix or Hulu, playing with my animals...
Old 11-19-2018, 07:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yoga, meditation, hot tea, fresh air, cat cuddles, art, writing, reading, sauna, pampering, a good tv show :-) x

one day at a time <3
Old 11-19-2018, 09:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Life is good

I'm feeling my strength today, having a bulletproof chai tea and enjoying a brilliant autumn day. I like being productive. I like meditating. I really like how the two flow together very well.

"this is the beginning of a growth experience."
Old 11-19-2018, 10:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I would love a bulletproof chai tea, sounds delicious 😋 yes they really do flow together! Good vibes xx
​​​​​​
[​​QUOTE=Mango212;7058628]I'm feeling my strength today, having a bulletproof chai tea and enjoying a brilliant autumn day. I like being productive. I like meditating. I really like how the two flow together very well.

"this is the beginning of a growth experience."[/QUOTE]
Old 11-19-2018, 10:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Also I love the saying "Grace through adversity" ♥️

And reminding myself in hard times that I always have the ground under my feet supporting me. The amazing solid earth ground
Old 11-22-2018, 07:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Life is good

I've reached another breaking point. I had a very lovely day. Now I've been crying for hours. Balancing points in between, feeling like I've reached the end of the tears, then more come.

I finally got into a good meditation. Then my childhood memories started coming up. This sucks. I want to be done with this.

I get it. They're there. These memories. I honor them and the pain. I allow it to flow and be transformed. These releases are getting easier.

#strongernow
#gladtobealive
#thankyougod
Old 11-22-2018, 07:35 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hang in there Mango--holidays are hard-I used to cry a lot too.

It gets better year by year
Old 11-22-2018, 08:46 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Life is good

Thanks, Hawkeye.

I'm trusting in the process. One day at a time.
Old 11-23-2018, 05:49 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Life is good

I woke early, digging deep to allow a willingness to be happy. This is going to be a good day. I'm alive. I'm thankful. I'm willing to do whatever it takes.
Old 11-23-2018, 09:52 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I thought all my breaking points were becoming a thing of the past, until this evening. My ABF went to work this morning, he texted me once during the day to say how "busy" it was and that he would be home late. I believed him. So this evening I'm sitting on the couch reading , and I hear someone at the front door, I assume it's him. But then I hear this person go around the house to the back and try at the back door. I'm freaking out calling my boyfriend thinking someone is trying to break in. He doesn't answer his phone. Now this person is back at the front door I can hear them hiccuping. I'm confused and trying to gather my car keys to run out of the house and leave. Now this person is at the back door and I hear him say my name. I go outside and it's my ABF so wasted he couldn't even open the door or stand up without falling over. This is of course a huge disappointment and I'm somewhat in shock even though I knew in my gut all along that he couldn't clean up his act. Other than saying a few harsh words to him that I know didn't even register with him. I'm sleeping on the couch not saying anything to him at all. And once again I'm back to brainstorming a way to get out of this mess.
Old 11-25-2018, 12:46 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Life is good

Hi Amusic,

How are you doing today?

I'm finding joy, balance, peace and easier connections to healthy people as I focus on these things. One day at a time.

Today I hung out for a bit at a favorite coffee shop, a crepe cafe and a ski & snowboard place. Good vibes, kind and fun people, light and bright conversations.

I've been enjoying going to church the past few Sundays. Today I found even more closeness and fellowship with God/Great Spirit and people around me in taking a different route. Many ways to heal, move forward and enjoy life. Many paths to wellness.
Old 11-29-2018, 10:30 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Life is good

One more breaking point. A very good, full day and I paused for a cup of hot honey butter chai tea. The tears suddenly started flowing.

I know my path. I'm sure of the steps I've taken and the healthy, kind, new direction I've been heading in.

Then the tears came with the realization that if I had kept playing games, stuffing my authentic self down and ignoring the dysfunction going on, "they" would all still like me. F-that!

My anxieties are gone. My c-ptsd seems to be completely gone! I like myself. I enjoy life. I am worthy of love for simply being myself, not because of catering to other people's viewpoints of what I should or shouldn't be doing. I have a few good friends left. I'm honestly grateful to see clearly who I can trust.

Today I've been wrapping Christmas presents, with love, joy, happiness and a great amount of fun. They were bought over the last couple of months, by gut instinct and also a lot of fun.

One day at a time.
Old 11-30-2018, 06:19 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

One day at a time indeed friend! Don't doubt for a second who you are!! Big hugs!
Old 11-30-2018, 08:23 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Life is good

Thank you, hopeful.