Notices

Good to be Back

Old 10-12-2018, 08:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Good to be Back

Well, it was a tumultuous few years. After my Mon died, I crawled in a bottle and destroyed 80% or my liver and developed Jaundice. I was in the hospital for 5 days, went to Detox and was fine for about a year. Then my sister told me a terrbile falsehood.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I found that drinking "at" my problems never solved a problem so I found other ways to handle my emotions.

Welcome back.

Glad you made it.

Hope you'll quit for good this time.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome back.

Yeah, as much as we may "feel" that drinking is the right thing to do when a tragedy strikes, it really never helps anything and because of its depressive nature can even extend the negative feelings you have.

I think you'll find that when you wait it out and don't reach for the bottle in those times, that you heal faster.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Great to have you with us, Magilla.

I'm sorry for the painful time you've been through - but you can get free and heal. We're here to listen and help.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back, Magilla. Maybe it would be a good idea to step away from your sister and others who are toxic in your life.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Welcome back, Magilla. Maybe it would be a good idea to step away from your sister and others who are toxic in your life.
I would love to, but I love my nephews more than I hate her. I just usually ignore her at family functions.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Great to have you with us, Magilla.

I'm sorry for the painful time you've been through - but you can get free and heal. We're here to listen and help.
Thank you, I see a therapist for PTSD and go to AA meeting and Church, it is great to be sober.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Magilla View Post
Thank you, I see a therapist for PTSD and go to AA meeting and Church, it is great to be sober.
Sorry to hear your going through a tough time, but it sounds like you are doing a lot of great things to get back on track. Have you managed to connect with some people at AA or Church that you can talk to about what you're going through? John
Old 10-12-2018, 06:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad to see you back here Magilla

If you can't step away from your sister you can certainly change the way you react to her...it's not easy and it takes time but I've lost all the resentment I had towards family members now - that doesn't mean I suddenly think what they did or said was right and it doesn't mean I open myself up for more hurt - it just means I let go of the anger and I let go of the expectation they would ever see thinsg my way and apologise to me - carrying all that was ripping me apart and doing absolutely nothing at all to them.

D