scared and worried

Old 11-13-2004, 03:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

scared and worried

My boyfriend has gone missing. He left yesterday after we had an argument about his using drugs the night before.

I am prone to panic attacks due to an illness last year. I have been up for 24 hours wondering and suffering and I eventually had another attack. I don't know what to do. Do I try to find him? Do I call the police? Please, anyone who has any advice. My mind and body are freaking out.
Old 11-13-2004, 03:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Caring for the 3 little bears

gypsy, it pains me to say this, but leave him be. Let him go. You really need to take care of yourself. Let him be responsible for him. Light some candles, take a warm bubble bath, read a good book. Escape the reality for awhile. Look up Alanon in your area and go meet some people. They will help you through this.
I will say a prayer for you and him right now!
take care of yourself.
Old 11-13-2004, 06:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

I have to agree...what can you do anyway? He is a grown man doing what he wants to do. And no news is good news. By that I mean if something bad had happened don't you think you would have heard?

If it puts your mind at rest do what ever you think is best. Call a few friends of your friends (his might lie). I am not sure the police would do anything right now...just keep in mind that what ever you do could just make it worse. I doubt that you want the police to find him if he drugs with him.

Settle down...I am betting that he is fine.
(((Hugs)))
JT
Old 11-13-2004, 09:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Worrying about something like this is hard enough on someone who does not suffer from panic attacks, so it is doubly hard for you. I hope you are being treated for this condition and have medication to take which will help to calm you down. It's hard for you to keep things in perspective if you loose control of yourself. Do what you have to do to keep yourself in check, and you will be in a better position to face this latest obstacle with your boyfriend. I'm sure he is fine, but you need to worry more about you.