Notices

Small victory

Old 09-04-2018, 02:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Small victory

Hello kind people. So early in recovery ... but managed to guitt booze. And at same time had to give up ciggarretes. Hardest thing i did. Today it was so hard i just fantasized about having ciggarrete. I could buy but choose to buy food instead to help body get proper nutrition. I sat here and posted . Depressed and anxious and wanted to smoke. The worst cravings ever. Went for a walk and prayed. And miracle happened. It stopped. My cravings stopped . I do not need to smoke. I do not understand how it is possible but i know i past critical moment and i m both alcohol and ciggaretes free. I know . I also noticed i do not need to eat more as people say. Opposite i eat less and drink less coffee. Believe me today at 2 pm i was so struggling with cravings that i took an hour approach and it past. Now i already feel my lungs work later in such short period of time. I knew i quit booze but my self efficacy regarding ciggaretess was not so strong. I was giving up every day and was like a chain smoker like anxiety constant so constant smoking not even inhaling properly but smoking from nerves. Probably many would relate. It was the same behaviour as with booze... not enjoying but doing. Also i think if i continue smoking i d be a greater risk of relapse as all or nothing personality. Smoking made me hating myself and mind could play trick AV saying if you killing yourself with smoking you could the same kill yourself with smoking and drinking. So stopped altogether. Only way for me is to be disciplened. Luckly i love healthy food and not addicted to sugar as i do not take sugar unless in fruit or vegg or carbs like millet , quina, buckwrheat that i love. I stayed here today and it helped a lot. It is a small victory. Thank you and have blessed evening X D
Old 09-04-2018, 04:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on not smoking allishope

D
Old 09-04-2018, 07:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on everything you're not doing that's not good for you! That's not a small victory. That's huge.
Old 09-04-2018, 11:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It works . Ubelievable i slept through night without waking and having ciggarete in the middle of night at 2am and at 5 am. First time since September. I slept through the night. I had to sit smoke and think about situation since split. I can see i programmed my brain to precision of Swiss watch. And i m free of this. Its morning i m gonna have my coffee without smokes. I do not feel caugh . Usually i d caugh. Also I do not feel terrible cravings. I m aware its been a year of this tertible rollercoaster... just pray not much permament damage done. I m really glad. It was so upsetting me and i could not stop panicked if ciggaretes ended even for an hour. Thanks God . Its done. Alcohol free smokes free... grateful . Posting here helped. I add exercise today . X D
Old 09-05-2018, 10:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

allishope, I like reading your posts. You seem very determined and I think that you’ve got all it takes to make this work (quitting alcohol and cigarettes)!

I am also impressed that you are not afraid to post and to say your say, even though it is my impression that you might not be doing so in your mother tongue. And I mean that as a huge compliment.
Old 09-05-2018, 11:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That’s awesome, Allishope!! I’m glad you are finding success and adding exercise in as well. Good for you!!
Old 09-05-2018, 01:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yip folks ... fags are done and dusted . Just been to gym . All cravings stopped and its true what people say after 72 hours its cool. And of course alcohol free. Thanks people. Regarding language ... i know i m fire energy... write fast ... between apps or on the way sowhere but i make effort and try to use proper queen english structure from tomorrow x D ps. honesty is here the only way ... no point lying to ourselves x