Notices

Family party

Old 08-05-2018, 02:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Family party

Well. I did it. My brother and his family are in town. I see them about once a year. Each year we have a gathering at our home for them and it gives my mom a break as they stay with her when they visit. I invite all the family we cook out have lots of food, fun and drinks, of course.
Most my family doesn’t know about my alcoholism.
It helped that the booze I would normally drink wasn’t even around.

They all came over and no one even asked why I wasn’t drinking. It’s not some crazy party or anything , but normally I would have been drinking hours before anyone even arrived to “deal” w the stress and anxiety of hosting a gathering..and spending time with my mother.
I looked after the kids a lot. Drive my elderly grandfather and mother in law Home.
My only complaint was that I was a bit ready for the night to end so I could put on pajamas and watch tv with some hot tea.
Day 11 today
Old 08-05-2018, 02:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Glad you made it sober thru the party.
Old 08-05-2018, 02:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hurray for Day 11 - nicely handled, Peace.
Old 08-05-2018, 02:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

isn't funny when we DO face some event we thought we could NEVER handle without booze, that no one really cared and we did just fine?

good for you. building those sober muscles. well done and taking care of mom and spending time tending the kids.
Old 08-05-2018, 02:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great job, Peace! I’m glad you were able to enjoy your party.
Old 08-05-2018, 03:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeaceB4 View Post
Well. I did it. My brother and his family are in town. I see them about once a year. Each year we have a gathering at our home for them and it gives my mom a break as they stay with her when they visit. I invite all the family we cook out have lots of food, fun and drinks, of course.
Most my family doesn’t know about my alcoholism.
It helped that the booze I would normally drink wasn’t even around.

They all came over and no one even asked why I wasn’t drinking. It’s not some crazy party or anything , but normally I would have been drinking hours before anyone even arrived to “deal” w the stress and anxiety of hosting a gathering..and spending time with my mother.
I looked after the kids a lot. Drive my elderly grandfather and mother in law Home.
My only complaint was that I was a bit ready for the night to end so I could put on pajamas and watch tv with some hot tea.
Day 11 today

Yayy! Good job on your 11 day and on staying sober for your family get together! It was one of the hardest things for me to do, and I did mine after 50 sober days lol. I am on Day 58 today and I tell you, it gets easier!
~Dee