Notices

Sobriety = insomnia = stupid decisions

Old 07-03-2018, 01:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sobriety = insomnia = stupid decisions

1:45 am in California... I am still having a hard time sleeping without the help of alcohol... and sleep deprivation is making me do stupid things...

Just ordered from Amazon a pillow that looks like a loaf of bread.

But I’ll probably remember ordering that tomorrow... my husband a couple years ago on New Years Eve ordered twenty 1-pound bags of Jelly Bellies and didn’t even remember ordering them. I only drank one glass of champagne so he finished off the bottle and I clearly remember him going on and on about craving jellybeans all night but neither of us would drive after drinking and too far to walk to any convenience store so he ordered them, cost over $100 and he was so sick of eating them after going through a pound of them in a couple days so he gave away the rest.

Anyone else order or buy something stupid whilst drunk (or sober)?
Old 07-03-2018, 03:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

You've been sober a while haven't you Katzen?
you might be dealing with a chronic problem.

Did you ask your Dr about your insomnia when you saw them about your memory loss episode?

D
Old 07-03-2018, 04:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Rar

My husband is a heavy drinker and while he's drinking, he browses Amazon and purchases random items. The items he purchases aren't crazy items, but I deem them to be unnecessary - like cast iron cookware (he ordered stainless steel cookware last year), cutting boards (he doesn't like what we have), candles, etc. Oh - one thing he ordered at Christmas time last year was German stollen. It cost over $70.00. Now that's crazy!
Old 07-03-2018, 04:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yeah, my husband used to tell everyone that I would get into wine and bunches of Amazon boxes would show up at our door. It was true! Guess when I calculate how much I save on booze, I should include all the drunken shopping I don’t do anymore.

I must say that I never ordered a pillow that looks like a loaf of bread. I hope you don’t get the munchies while half asleep.
Old 07-03-2018, 05:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have plenty of insomnia and it definitely has caused me to make many stupid decisions. Hopefully I can establish a good sleep cycle now that I'm 74 days in recovery.