Notices

My liver is aching so badly today..

Old 05-15-2018, 05:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My liver is aching so badly today..

Day three. I'm soooooo tired. I remember this from last time I quit. Being tired and my liver throbbing. All I want to do is sleep, but I have responsibilities. I had a huge craving today and I was like, screw it I'm going to drink today and start over tomorrow, but then my sister came to my mind and I didn't drink. I quit on May 13th which was her bday. She died from alcoholism. I'm hoping she helps me along the way. My brother died from alcohol and drugs. You would think I would be smart and stay far away.
Old 05-15-2018, 05:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I just want to add that if I didn't have you all here to talk to, I would definitely have a drink in my hand right now. Thank you all!
Old 05-15-2018, 05:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Rar

Today is another lucky day for you because you are NOT going to drink. Do you want to have another Day 1? UGH! You aren't going to feel this way forever. Tomorrow you will be so glad and relieved you didn't drink. Do anything but drink!
Old 05-15-2018, 05:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rar View Post
Today is another lucky day for you because you are NOT going to drink. Do you want to have another Day 1? UGH! You aren't going to feel this way forever. Tomorrow you will be so glad and relieved you didn't drink. Do anything but drink!
Thank you Rar! No worries! I'm not drinking today. Usually my really bad craving time is the late afternoon. I find it strange because I did all my drinking later at night all alone. If I can get through that late afternoon urge, I'm usually good to go for the night. I need to put a plan in place to get me through those urges. Up until now, I've just used willpower.
Old 05-15-2018, 05:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Same here in terms of time of day of cravings. Great job not drinking today!! You can do this!!!

Q- where do you feel the pain? I ask because my side has been hurting, but I just had a physical and all of my tests were normal. Do you feel it in the front or on the side? (My ache is about 12 inches down from my armpit on the right side).
Old 05-15-2018, 05:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Vietnam Vet

For me the body aches are slowly disappearing. I'm 30 days clear of alcohol and I feel soooooooo much better. Now I have the mental issues to battle and that's a long hard road but with my body feeling better I know I can do this. You can do it too so continue to take one day at a time. I'm pulling for ya!
Old 05-15-2018, 05:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by eyes99 View Post
Same here in terms of time of day of cravings. Great job not drinking today!! You can do this!!!

Q- where do you feel the pain? I ask because my side has been hurting, but I just had a physical and all of my tests were normal. Do you feel it in the front or on the side? (My ache is about 12 inches down from my armpit on the right side).
I feel it in my right side upper abdomen. I've had an ultrasound and everything looked fine except my liver, which all I can describe looked angry. All my liver blood tests always come back normal. They said I have severe fatty liver.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

Liver pain is what propelled me to quit 6 years ago. I hope it does the same for you.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by duane1 View Post
Liver pain is what propelled me to quit 6 years ago. I hope it does the same for you.
How long did it take to clear up for you?
Old 05-15-2018, 06:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope our support can help you stay sober for good.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Myluckyday, just stay focused on your sobriety and you will likely feel better. And, yes, having a plan to get through the tough cravings is a really good idea. And, I think your sister would be proud of you.
Old 05-15-2018, 07:00 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Boxer

Lucky, that was a great way to honor your sister. Hang tough, I’m sure she would be proud!
Old 05-15-2018, 07:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Pump some water through your body!
Old 05-15-2018, 07:56 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Glad you’re here and you didn’t drink! Take it one day or even one hour at a time. Keep checking in here when you get a craving. You can do this!
Old 05-16-2018, 12:30 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Well done beating the urge, the late afternoon urge is the worst, once that has passed you are right, good to go for the night. Keep it up
Old 05-16-2018, 01:43 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Is it possible for you to change your routine so your afternoons are your busiest, productive time.

I totally relate to the afternoon thing as this is when my jobs are done and I think I need to reward myself and relax. I shift my routine to confuse my brain of its habitutal thinking.