Notices

Can't do this anymore.

Old 04-16-2018, 10:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Can't do this anymore.

My drinking is back, I have tried to fight it for so long even did the rehab stint. I have now realized I cannot so.this alone. Time to start with AA again. Sobriety has been achieved by many, I am not unique, I have read your stories and so many can do, I can to. HELP!
Old 04-16-2018, 10:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome to SR Shilla. I'm glad you have come to ask for help, and i'm glad you are seeking help locally too. You are definitely right that you can do this if you really want to. You'll find a lot of support and understanding here, I hope you can make SR part of your recovery plan.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I hope our support can help you get sober for good.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
AA Member

great choice and welcome

AA saved me from decades of miserable unhappy drunken drinking and so much loss and tragedy that always goes with this disease

Old 04-16-2018, 10:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you. My story: I came from happy home, yes had alcoholics in the family mostly from my mothers side, my grandmother was an alcoholic, how she made it to 89 is rather odd. I started drinking in high school , just like everyone else maybe even less. Started working did the Friday's with friends, it just progressed from there, from once a week to weekend benders, then during the week. Always made it to work. Lost a love and things escalated from there. Was drinking vodka at the time, then that stopped. Switched to beer and wine. Half a litter of wine and three beers after work. Then my drunken mind said lets just keep to the beer, and has stuck ever since, will drink a 4-6 440ml of beer a night during the week. Come the weekend drinking starts up in the am. I fell pregnant, I was with my partner for 2yrs at the time,had my days a beer or so once every week from the time I found out, at 8 weeks. I had my amazing baby girl, was sober for the last 6months of my pregnancy, then stayed sober for the 9 months after her birth. Then it started with a glass of bubbly with a friend, and just progressed. I put myself in rehab for 6 weeks, not wise should have stayed longer. I was doing well for about 8 weeks then found out my partner had been cheating on me (with same person he was cheering on me when I was pregnant) and the first thing I grabbed was the bloody booze. My relationship is done now, 9 years later, which is a God sent. But I am still fighting the demon, drunk 4 beers today after work, and just know where this heading if I continue, a weekend binge.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
AA Member

keep in mind ...

its the 1st drink that gets us drunk not the 20th

we cant get drunk without that 1st drink

our choice is between miserable unhappy drunken drinking and all the consequences

or

not taking 1 drink

God bless
Old 04-16-2018, 11:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I know, convinced myself that I will try tappering off, but that just does not work for a drunk, well not for me.
Old 04-16-2018, 04:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome, Shilla. I could never taper, either.
Old 04-17-2018, 03:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the support. I will have to change my schedule upon arriving home.
Old 04-17-2018, 03:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Rar

Welcome to SR Shilla. There's lots of support here on SR. Reading the threads. you'll find what works (and doesn't work) for others. Folks here are very wise and understanding. I couldn't moderate either. Changing your schedule and keeping busy during your normal drinking times will help. Stay close to SR. It is helping me. We can help you too. 1st step is to not drink!