Notices

Giving It Another Go..

Old 04-12-2018, 06:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Giving It Another Go..

So, I lurked around her for several years then started posting during the later part of 2017. I was " Gung Ho " about stopping my drinking during that time, thought it would be easy. We'll, I made it about a month then had a few beers, the very next day I was right back to daily drinking and within a week back up to my usual amount.

In the past month or so the effects have been too much to ignore. Terrible hangovers every day, noticeable physical decline and the worst part.. I developed the shakes every morning. That part was new to me in my 22 years of daily drinking. I ignored it for a while and finally decided it was time to address my addiction again.

So, this past Monday day I went cold turkey. For the first time I had " real " withdrawal, meaning shakes for 3 days and a body odor that I hope only I could smell, like alcohol coming out of my pours or something. Today is day 4 and I am starting to feel a little better but so damn tired I can't do anything, barley making it through the work day.

Anyway, I hope I can get serious this time and stop being the proverbial " it's for good this time " guy. As with many on here this is the only outlet I use to keep myself in the right mindset and stick to it.

So, I plan to join in where I can and also soak up advice and experience.
Old 04-12-2018, 06:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

When I came to SR I had already quit for a few days. On the same day I came to SR I also went to an AA meeting. Between the two places I kept myself very engaged with sobriety and healing and spent quite a bit of time working on my other issues.

I haven't picked up a drink since I came here four+ years ago.

You can do it too.
Old 04-12-2018, 06:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome back🙂 Posting helped me a lot the first few months (still does). I also go to counseling, which is useful too. Best of luck!
Old 04-12-2018, 06:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Listen up! Your body is trying to tell you something. Give your sobriety a chance.
Old 04-12-2018, 07:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I appreciate the responses. Interestingly, even with the bad withdrawal symptoms over the past 4 days, it's been easier to abstain than ever before. I imagine that's just due to how bad I felt really.

The toughest part will start today or tomorrow as I start feeling better.
Old 04-12-2018, 04:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back AM100

D
Old 04-12-2018, 05:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Rar

Welcome back A100. I am staying very close to SR. SR is a main component of my plan to remain alcohol free. I log on several times a day. SR can help you too. Reading through the threads and posting will help to maintain your resolve. Looking forward to hearing more from you.
Old 04-13-2018, 06:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks folks.

Another hangover free morning, it was nice !
Old 04-13-2018, 02:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AM100 View Post
Thanks folks.

Another hangover free morning, it was nice !
That’s great Am100!