Notices

Another return.. Another unsuccessful recovery

Old 04-03-2018, 03:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another return.. Another unsuccessful recovery

Hello all,

Went on a bender last week, now as with before, I'm crippled with Insomnia. I haven't slept for about 28 hours. Again I was foolishly lulled into a false sense that I had this problem "licked" so I started drinking again.. First few weeks after my last recovery it was slow, but gradually increased until my blowout last week/end.

Yesterday (day 1) was a lot of vomiting and feeling horrible. Last night 0 sleep. My mind was racing and I was having all kinds of random thoughts that I could not recall having just 10 secs later.

Part of my insomnia is my increased anxiety and frustration with my inability to sleep. A vicious cycle. I do have some Librium left over from my last episode that I may take. I know I need to calm down, but it's difficult this time.

Sorry venting.. As I said last time these are getting tougher for me to handle. I don't have any shakiness just lots of anxiety and mind racing. Head starting to hurt and my vision is getting a bit cloudy due to the lack of sleep. Ugh..

Jumped on here because I think posting helped me relax last time and understanding that my case is not unique, despite the fact I keep re-reading older posts of people citing similar experiences (same ones I read before from searching).. Just nice to know someone is there.
Old 04-03-2018, 03:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience, but it's great that you're back. Do you have any kind of recovery plan for this time around?
Old 04-03-2018, 03:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by orderfororder View Post
I'm sorry you had such a bad experience, but it's great that you're back. Do you have any kind of recovery plan for this time around?
Nothing long term right now, I just want to get over this hurdle. I didn't go to AA last time, it won't hurt if I try it. Because what I've been doing right now isn't working and I worry about the impact to my body.
Old 04-03-2018, 03:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Librium

Best see the Doc before taking them.
Ive had to have a seizure and another time hallucinations before I was allowed them.
Prevention however is better than cure.
Get well
Dave 🤠
Old 04-03-2018, 03:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry that you went through such a tough period, Juicer. I'm glad you found your way back. You're right, it's hard on your body. And, it was my experience that each binge was harder and harder on me physically, mentally and spiritually. I hope you can come up with a plan that will work for you.
Old 04-03-2018, 03:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Juicer View Post
Again I was foolishly lulled into a false sense that I had this problem "licked" so I started drinking again..
Alcoholism doesn't get "better." Sobriety is part of the solution. Sober forever. If you can accept never drinking again, you are well on your way to success.

A plan to stay sober is the other component.
Old 04-03-2018, 03:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I didn't go to AA last time, it won't hurt if I try it.

You’ve been around this place for a few years. It’s time to give up trying to do it by yourself, and try AA.

That’s what I finally did after many attempts to get sober by myself.

When I finally really thought about it I realized that I was a drunk. And I was trying to get sober by myself.

So in other words, I was taking advice from a drunk (me) on how to get and stay sober. That clarity lead me to finally try AA.
Old 04-03-2018, 04:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zebra1275 View Post
I didn't go to AA last time, it won't hurt if I try it.

You’ve been around this place for a few years. It’s time to give up trying to do it by yourself, and try AA.

That’s what I finally did after many attempts to get sober by myself.

When I finally really thought about it I realized that I was a drunk. And I was trying to get sober by myself.

So in other words, I was taking advice from a drunk (me) on how to get and stay sober. That clarity lead me to finally try AA.
Yeah I went through long term bouts of sobriety on here.. Over the past year is has gotten bad. And know I can't do it myself anymore. Work and life kept my occupied and in line before.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Juicer

D
Old 04-03-2018, 06:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm so glad you decided to come back, Juicer. Sounds like you're ready to get free of it for good. You can do it!
Old 04-04-2018, 12:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Still not sleeping, keep getting hypnic jerks every few minutes making it really difficult to sleep. Took 2 Librium tonight, but definitely need some relief. Everything else seems to be ok. Other than being exhausted... Anyone else get those jerks often after a binge?