Notices

Day 6 seeking inspiration 🤔

Old 03-22-2018, 04:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6 seeking inspiration 🤔

Morning everyone

Hope all you lovely people are ok and doing the best you can 😊

I’m feeling sick and headachy today and wondering when this is going to pass! Been so long that I’ve put rubbish into my body I guess it could take some time to clean out! So to keep me going I’ve started a journal, I’m posting on here, starting a 3 day juice detox tomorrow to get lots of nutrients in me, going to AA, yoga and lots of water.

I’ve been in search of inspiration and I heard this “there are two things in life I can no longer do, drink or drugs.....but what I can do without these is infinite” 👏

No matter how pants I feel today I will stay sober 👍
Old 03-22-2018, 05:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Jotick, I really like that quote.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Rar

Day 6 is wonderful Jotick. I'm sorry you're not feeling well today. I've never tried a juice detox. I'm prediabetic, so all the sugar in the juice would throw me over the edge. I did drink lots of water and tea to flush the toxins out. Yoga sounds great. I don't have a class close by, but I think I'll try to find a YouTube class. Keep going. One day at a time. You've got some tough days done. You can do this!
Old 03-22-2018, 05:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JayTee33 View Post
Thanks Jotick, I really like that quote.
How are you getting on JayTee?
Old 03-22-2018, 05:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rar View Post
Day 6 is wonderful Jotick. I'm sorry you're not feeling well today. I've never tried a juice detox. I'm prediabetic, so all the sugar in the juice would throw me over the edge. I did drink lots of water and tea to flush the toxins out. Yoga sounds great. I don't have a class close by, but I think I'll try to find a YouTube class. Keep going. One day at a time. You've got some tough days done. You can do this!
Thanks Rar. You may be okay with just vegetable juice? Carrot and parsnip great for sweeting but not sure if that would work for you. How many days are you on?
Old 03-22-2018, 05:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jotick View Post
Thanks Rar. You may be okay with just vegetable juice? Carrot and parsnip great for sweeting but not sure if that would work for you. How many days are you on?
The 30 day yoga challenge with Adriene is really good 👍
Old 03-22-2018, 05:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Rar

Originally Posted by Jotick View Post
I might look into vegetable juice. I am on my 71st day.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rar View Post
I might look into vegetable juice. I am on my 71st day.
Wow that’s amazing ! Congratulations. Try The Juice Master x
Old 03-22-2018, 05:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

good on ya for 6 days!
6,10,15 20,etc years is a long time, but those of us who have that also had a day 6 and know 6 days is an eternity and a miracle to stay sober that long.

heres a little something from the big book of AA and hope you find in inspirational:

We have shown how we got out from under. You say, "Yes, I'm willing. But am I to be consigned to a life where I shall be stupid, boring and glum, like some righteous people I see? I know I must get along without liquor, but how can I? Have you a sufficient substitute?"

Yes, there is a substitute and it is vastly more than that. It is a fellowship in Alcoholics Anonymous. There you will find release from care, boredom and worry. Your imagination will be fired. Life will mean something at last. The most satisfactory years of your existence lie ahead. Thus we find the fellowship, and so will you
Old 03-22-2018, 05:52 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm doing pretty well Jotick. Four weeks today and feeling so much better than I was a few weeks ago. The one thing I worry about it complacency, so I'm trying to renew my efforts to keep the momentum of my recovery going. Hope you have a good day today.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
good on ya for 6 days!
6,10,15 20,etc years is a long time, but those of us who have that also had a day 6 and know 6 days is an eternity and a miracle to stay sober that long.

heres a little something from the big book of AA and hope you find in inspirational:

We have shown how we got out from under. You say, "Yes, I'm willing. But am I to be consigned to a life where I shall be stupid, boring and glum, like some righteous people I see? I know I must get along without liquor, but how can I? Have you a sufficient substitute?"

Yes, there is a substitute and it is vastly more than that. It is a fellowship in Alcoholics Anonymous. There you will find release from care, boredom and worry. Your imagination will be fired. Life will mean something at last. The most satisfactory years of your existence lie ahead. Thus we find the fellowship, and so will you
Awww thanks TomSteve 😊 I’m attending first meeting tomorrow night instead of going to a birthday party lol! Actually looking forward to it and the new life ahead!
Old 03-22-2018, 06:32 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JayTee33 View Post
I'm doing pretty well Jotick. Four weeks today and feeling so much better than I was a few weeks ago. The one thing I worry about it complacency, so I'm trying to renew my efforts to keep the momentum of my recovery going. Hope you have a good day today.
That’s fantastic well done you 👏 maybe get some fun things booked into the diary to keep the momentum going. I’ve just booked Beyoncé tickets for June, first ever concert sober and one I will remember!