Notices

Posting BEFORE

Old 03-21-2018, 03:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Posting BEFORE

Ok... Help!

Things went crazy at work. I will spare you details but fed charges may be filed against someone who was let go. I’m stuck fixing it and it is a MESS!

For the first time in a long time my AV got me... the good old “l need a drink”.

What?????? Glad I caught myself. I told my husband and he didn’t comment. I know he was delighted to hear I would drink. Ugh! Not a peep. I called him out on his silence. I shouldn’t have. It is not his responsibility to keep me sober. We are getting ready to go to dinner so posting here BEFORE I drink!

What would it accomplish? I have another 9.5 hour day tomorrow and it would be horrible to deal with it hungover. Why would I drink? I would have to come here and post after I just posted saying “4 years since I found this place”. I don’t want to be like that!!!!

Ugh! Wish me luck!
Old 03-21-2018, 03:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh good luck hun your doing so well ...think about that dreaded hangover tomorrow ..
Don't do it
Much love an inspiration
Caralara ❤️
Old 03-21-2018, 03:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good luck Nowsthetime.

I loved your preemptive attack against the booze. Playing the tape through is what works for me in similar situations.
Old 03-21-2018, 03:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
under new management

Stand your sober ground, your av is a sissy!

Good for you to post BEFORE!

Old 03-21-2018, 03:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sounds like you've got the craving beat by acknowledging it and challenging it. I hope your husband will support you through it as well! Best of luck with your work craziness too! Hope it blows over quickly!
Old 03-21-2018, 03:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good for you for posting BEFORE! Just remember, you are not going to drink TODAY. Don't catastrophize the future or snowball. You will make it, I have total faith in you.
Old 03-21-2018, 03:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My wife doesn't care if I drink. She doesn't see the dancing monkeys that pop up in my head after the first drink. So I hear yah.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Rar

Good for you posting BEFORE. I did yesterday and I'm really glad I did. Play the tape forward, Nowsthetime. It will be a matter of time before you're right where you left off before you quit. You are not going to drink today!!! ODAAT (One Day At A Time). Regarding work: You're a competent and knowledgeable person. You can fix it! Hang in there. Enjoy your alcohol free dinner.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I think we need to remember, that it wouldn't just be 'a hangover' - it would be 5-7 days of withdrawals. Well done for posting
Old 03-21-2018, 06:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good luck and stay strong!
Old 03-21-2018, 07:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Stay strong!
Old 03-21-2018, 07:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hello!!!

I’m back at home! I was able to take a peek at some responses when I went to the restroom at the place and as usual, it helped. It’s so amazing that this place works like this!

My husband ordered first. Pepsi. I went with iced tea. It was delicious!!!

Thank you everyone for taking the time to write me. I really hope that this does blow over quickly and the professional part of it might but the personal will linger. I know this person for 11 years and even though I’m not affected directly I will still have feelings from what I see happen to them and from what they allegedly did.

Thanks SO much to the person who told me to not be catastrophic with the future or snowball it in my mind. That really grounded me. I was starting to and I need to focus on now. I CAN fix this and I will and I will train the next person and keep moving forward. Thanks all for the encouragement! I really appreciate your perspectives.

It’s tricky with my husband. In a way he likes and respects that I don’t drink anymore and he really trusts that I won’t (that part is awesome to feel) but I know that he misses his drinking buddy. The few times I have drank in these 4 years have all been with him...

Oh well, victory!

I better watch it. This is how it starts and I want to nip it. I need to be focused and at my best!

Thanks everyone!
Old 03-21-2018, 11:05 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad that you triumphed tonight nowsthetime

D
Old 03-22-2018, 11:26 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Not only is it awesome that you didn't choose to drink last night, but if you are being audited by the feds and your boss asks you to fix the issue, it is actually a perfect time to shine!