Notices

Day 17 and I'm doing good

Old 03-11-2018, 10:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 17 and I'm doing good

Hi there. I'm from South Africa and have been suspecting for about 2 years I am an addict, mainly booze. Then last year I had 2 pretty bad incidents and that's when my drinking escalated. Unbeknownst to me that was only the tip of the iceberg. As a gay male and being single for a decade I decided to start dating again. Then the worst arrived, I was date raped, my drink was Spiked and when I woke up there were 4 of them.

The iceberg flipped and I was stranded right at the top and that nearly cost me my job. It was then they I realised I needed help. Luckily for me 2 people recommended a Psycologist and I've been seeing her for over 2 months now.

I'm happy to say that today I've been sober for 17 days and slowly but surely my life is improving. My performance at work is skyrocketing and my team and boss can notice the difference. I have no accepted that I was raped and my life is moving on like it should. The one thing I'm battling with is filling my idle time and you'll probably know, when single there is a decade of it in every week. Nights after work and weekends. I've started a herb garden again, after work I cook for myself instead of eating out and boozing. My weekends can be pretty boring and I'm looking around to join a charity as I believe in giving and it makes me happy.

Jeez, long post but, I stumbled upon this forum due to a post by Mizuno about the pink cloud so, thank you Mizuno!
Any ideas on how to keep myself busy would be welcome. I'm not really sure what the pink cloud means and my Psycologist briefly said I was on one.
Anyway, that is my rather long introduction 😀
Old 03-11-2018, 10:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on 17 days!!! That’s something to be very proud of. I’m sorry for what you went through but happy to see you’ve come out stronger. I too get bored pretty easily...lol only I have a husband and 4 kids to keep me busy 😳 I have started to become obsessed with puzzles lately...lol who knew 🤷🏼*♀️ They keep me busy though. I also have a herd garden. I want to start Jillian Michaels tomorrow and hoping to make that my new hobby. We shall see. anyhow, stay strong, don’t let the bottle win...ever again.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Droog

Not sure of your life circumstances but posting here daily and a little volunteering in my community kept me busy in the early days

D
Old 03-11-2018, 11:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee

It is exactly what I have in mind. I just find it frustrating that the charities I contact does not come back to me. I'll keep trying though. At least I found one the needs my help on Saturdays.
Old 03-12-2018, 05:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Rar

Welcome Droog. Congratulations on 17 days! Posting here on SR has really helped keep me sober and occupies much of my time. Stay close to SR, read the threads and post when you need help or want to contribute. I'm sorry what you went through. It's good you're seeing a psychologist.
Old 03-12-2018, 05:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

17 days is a great start.
Old 03-12-2018, 06:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well done 17 days is great, keep posting for support