Notices

I love to drink!

Old 03-09-2018, 10:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I love to drink!

I mean it.. I love to drink. Drink any think. Water, coffee, smoothies and I use to love to drink beer. There are certain times of the day and daily activities that I would drink a beer. Right after work, driving some where, mowing the lawn, eating dinner or going fishing etc. Scene I put the beer down 6 days ago I've been substituting my beer with my new favorite drink.... tonic water with lots of ice and lots of lemon and lime.
I've been reading all your posts about triggers but didn't understand til last night that everything I just listed was a trigger to me. You see my cravings have not been bad at all the last few days but last night after a successful fishing trip ( which was really cool because it was the first time I have fished with out a beer right next to me) I was cleaning my catch and all of a sudden I NEEDED a beer. So went in the garage opened the fridge where there is some beer and wine. I saw my bottle of tonic and poured a nice stiff tonic ice lemon and lime over ice. Went back outside finished cleaning my fish. Drank my tonic, went to bed sober and woke up happy.
That my new drink of choice. Maybe if someone out there is craving a drink try mine. Unless your poison is gin or vodka tonic. Any one else have a go to drink to help with cravings and or triggers. Maybe one that is a little healthier than tonic water.
Old 03-09-2018, 11:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey PBR

I think I have an usual preoccupation with beverages also. Just glad I'm choosing non alcoholic ones these days. I love Le Croix...no calories, yummy flavors, cheap. The trifecta. Oh and healthy. No crappy stuff. Le croix is kind of a 'thing' in recovery circles so there are lots of goofy YouTube videos about it. Google Le Croix Boix. Stupid as heck but funny too.
Old 03-09-2018, 11:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Frickaflip233 View Post
Hey PBR

I think I have an usual preoccupation with beverages also. Just glad I'm choosing non alcoholic ones these days. I love Le Croix...no calories, yummy flavors, cheap. The trifecta. Oh and healthy. No crappy stuff. Le croix is kind of a 'thing' in recovery circles so there are lots of goofy YouTube videos about it. Google Le Croix Boix. Stupid as heck but funny too.
Thanks for the heads up. I've seen them around. Tried one years ago while I was drinking don't think I like it but I'll have to revisit.
Old 03-09-2018, 11:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

How much sugar is in tonic?
Old 03-09-2018, 11:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

A lot 23gr per serving but it beats getting drunk
Old 03-09-2018, 12:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

If it's a choice between sugar or artificial sweetener and booze I'd take the sugar.

I find that having even water if I'm having a craving helps.
Old 03-09-2018, 12:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well done, go pbr.
Cold sparkling water for me.
I go through loads of it.
My kidneys are sparkling clean now