Notices

This is OOC

Old 02-21-2018, 05:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This is OOC

I mentioned in another thread that my husband wanted me to take a breathalyzer before leaving me alone with our kid. I said I'd do it, but nothing came of it.

Still sober, but today he "smells" alcohol on me and threw a strip in my face. I'm sorry. That is NOT appropriate. I do NOT need to prove myself. I'm not driving, and I've been present. I feel so lost and frustrated because he can claim what he wants.

It doesn't matter that I watched our son for the last 3 out of 4 days. Saturday, husband went out with friends to get drunk. (My first weekend back at home. Such good support. As he says, "I'm not drinking around you." Go F yourself. %$*&#*$).

Sorry. But on Monday/Tuesday (as I'm STILL flu suffering for like two weeks), son didn't have school from the holiday and a snow day. And husband worked Tuesday night. So not sure what gives today, but am I bad for not bending at his whim? I don't want this to become a control issue, and I understand context both ways. However, I shouldn't feel like I'm in jail. We are still married, and I'm home with the same responsibilities as even before rehab.

Worst part was that we fought in front of my son. I excused myself and almost went to my parents, but now I'm segregated to the bedroom. Not good, especially because we were supposed to have a family game night, which my son no matter wants. I'm sure not after our fight. God.

On a GOOD note. Still sober and I made it to a meeting today! Got some phone #s and invited for coffee.
Old 02-21-2018, 05:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Do you have someone you can stay with?

Do you have a date as to when he or you will move out?
Old 02-21-2018, 05:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mizzuno View Post
Do you have someone you can stay with?

Do you have a date as to when he or you will move out?
I can go to my parents, and I almost did tonight. I declared it and said I was. I've since calmed down and have removed myself from the situation. I just hate losing son time, but we both can't be with him together much. Of course he prefers dad. Video games and all. Ugh.
Old 02-21-2018, 05:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I’d also suggest you look for alternative living arrangements. It’s clear that your current one is not a good place for you to be at this time.
Old 02-21-2018, 05:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry it's hard for you right now.

Keep the focus on your son and spending time with him and on your recovery.
Old 02-21-2018, 06:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You are doing your part, being a good mom, and agreed to the initial breathalyzer and it sounds to me like that's plenty. I agree, his behavior is over the top and good for you removing yourself from a situation that could have escalated.

Gaining trust is one thing, but putting up with disrespectful behavior is a whole other story.

I guess I'm just sending you support with this post because I don't have any advice- except to plainly and calmly state that you are sober and walk away whenever the interaction becomes heated.

Best to you, and congrats on your sober time.
Old 02-21-2018, 06:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Kudos to you for remaining sober at such a stressful time!! It sounds like for right now it’s best to just not engage with him whenever possible. Hang in there!
Old 02-21-2018, 07:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your encouraging posts. I'm an emotional person (aren't we alkies all?), but I'm trying to remain reasonable and respectful. I will not let him take advantage of this situation. Thank you for the support.
Old 02-21-2018, 07:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hang in there! This is tough stuff to conquer even without a impending divorce.
Old 02-28-2018, 07:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Update: I went to my parents for a week and now I'm home. Still extremely triggered which is very irritating. Luckily, I've gotten more of a plan in place and I no longer have the flu so I can put it in action. I did go an AA meeting today.
Old 02-28-2018, 07:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you got away and got to a meeting. Also glad you’re done with the flu! Stay strong.
Old 02-28-2018, 10:11 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back babescake

D