Positive affirmations

Old 01-11-2018, 01:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Positive affirmations

Affirmation:

I live in the now. Each moment is new. I choose to see my self-worth. I love and approve of myself.

I now choose to create a life that is abundant. I am at ease.

Old 01-11-2018, 02:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am obsessed with affirmations.

I thought they were stupid until last summer when I got desperate enough to try absolutely anything to improve my life and the way I was feeling. I found some affirmation videos on YouTube and the rest is history.

I am positive that if I hadn't made that small leap, I wouldn't be here talking to you all today and I would still be in my unhealthy marriage wishing things were different than they were.

Interestingly, after doing positive affirmations for months, I realized that I had unconsciously used affirmations to build up my relationship into something it wasn't. I didn't realize it at the time, but I used to drive home and be literally repeating, aloud, to myself "I love [partner] so much" over and over again. Frankly, it was sick but I didn't know what I was doing.

Turns out what I was doing was convincing myself to go home every day.

If anyone is interested, look up Louise Hay positive affirmations on YouTube, there are loads. I've listened to others but hers are my favorite and what I feel worked and continues to work for me.
Old 01-11-2018, 03:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the suggestion! I will give it a try!

I used to cry on my way home from work every day... still do sometimes.

I am so glad for you glenl. And hopeful that I find some peace and quiet in the coming year... only 7 months then I can start moving forward on my own. If that’s what is to be.

Hoping continued peace for you my friend! 😊
Old 01-11-2018, 07:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good on you all for figuring out what works. Keep looking for or developing new tools.

I don't know if this is quite the same as an affirmation but I write out "done lists" instead of "to do lists". In this way, I emphasize good things that I have done. The self care threads that are on this forum are kind of like this.

Old 01-12-2018, 08:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

These have been instrumental for me - I have used them for years now, along with mudras. I'm finally at a point where it's affected the overall content of my self-talk all day, every day - so while I may revert back to them during times of heavy stress my day-to-day dialogue is far more positive than before.

When I started walking as a regular habit, I used short, to-the-point mantras and chanted them in time with my footfalls. I. am. amazing. I. am. enough. My. Best. Is. Enough. I. LOVE. My. Body. ...stuff like that

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...lp-stress.html (Talking to yourself in the 3rd person may help with stress)

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...self-talk.html (Stopping the negative self-talk)

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...e-depends.html (Love Yourself Like Your Life Depends On It)

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rspective.html (Sensing a shift in my perspective)
Old 01-12-2018, 11:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

" Positive Affirmations and Manifesting Your Desires

Affirming is positively expressing in words, thoughts and beliefs what we honestly want, and who we wish to be in our lives. Affirmations are clear, positive thoughts, beliefs, words and phrases that affirm our true wants, wishes and desires. Affirmations and affirming is stating out-loud or writing down and claiming what you truly want - and affirming it. Each affirmation activates your intention and this begins to establish or manifest it into the physical realm.

Our affirmations enter our subconscious mind and have a profound effect on our emotions and feelings, our actions, our day to day activities and choices, and ultimately, our entire lives. Stating affirmations repeatedly allows the subconscious mind to hear and accept what we affirm to be fact. We unconsciously affirm all the time as we consistently repeat thoughts until they become anchored in our minds as imbedded beliefs. We make statements again and again until they become our reality."
Old 01-12-2018, 11:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

"Affirmations can be both positive and negative. Our subconscious minds do not discriminate or discern between a positive message or a negative one, but rather, accepts all information it is given.

If you negatively affirm and think about failing, refer to yourself as a failure and truly believe that you will fail, then you will actively self-sabotage yourself to ensure that you will fail - fulfilling your negative affirmation/s.

If you have optimistm, faith and self-belief and positively affirm success, you will have higher expectations and will actively take positive action to bring your desired results to fruition ... ultimately manifesting success. "
Old 01-12-2018, 11:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

" All of the words we choose to use, our attitudes and expectations, our thoughts and beliefs send out an energy and vibration to the Universe. Positive words, declarations and affirmations send out positive energies. Declaring and repeating positive affirmations helps to break negative habits, beliefs, thought-forms and mind-sets. Through the use of positive affirmations we are able to think ourselves into a more positive and optimistic frame of mind, we are able to improve personal self-love, we can become healthier, more vibrant, stronger, more patient, kinder to ourselves and others, more compassionate, wealthier ... the list can be endless. Positive affirmations help us to focus on and reinforce the positive aspects we wish to manifest, and assist us to change a fearful mind-set.

Affirmations are a direct communication with our ‘soul mind’. The ‘soul mind’ has eternal wisdom and knowledge, and always resonates with our soul’s truths. When we hear and declare positive affirmations it resonates with our soul and draws and manifests the energy back to us.

Ensure that your affirmations are positive, productive and life-enhancing, and stay clear and focused when repeating your positive affirmations in order to manifest your exact desires into reality. Declare your positive affirmations with faith, trust and determination and state your intentions with clarity and meaning."