What a difference a year makes

Old 01-01-2018, 07:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What a difference a year makes

I rang in the new year with my kids and some of my DD friends that were home from college. We had a great evening playing board games. Looking back a year ago and I remember being so sad and depressed, feeling like I had no hope on New Years eve. My ex AH was drunk as usual and had one of his horrible blow ups where he became verbally abusive. I knew I needed to leave a bad marriage I just was not sure how.

I finally found the strength to leave in July and it was the best decision I could have made for mine and my kids lives. I have such a peaceful life now and I am finally finding happiness.

My ex is still on a path of destruction and there seems to be no end in sight. I try to limit contact to only discussing our son but that even seems like to much. He is driving again with no license so I am sure he will ultimately end up with a DUI.

For all those that are struggling just remember that better days are to come. Finally making the step and leaving was the hardest thing I have ever done. I struggled for years and should have left many years before but I really lacked the confidence that things would work out. I let the fear of the unknown stop me.

Today my kids and I will go out for a nice lunch and then watch some college football. Peace and serenity is the best gift to receive. Hope 2018 is a great and positive year for all!
Old 01-01-2018, 07:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

mum...I am so glad to hear of the good direction that your life has taken....

I do think that your story will be an inspiration to many others, here, on this forum.....

Happy New Year!
Old 01-01-2018, 07:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Happy new year! Your story is inspiring and I admire you’re bravery! The biggest gifts in life come from stepping into that unknown And prioritizing ourselves. I try to take the leap everyday and every time I succeed it makes all the difference. Much love and continuation!
Old 01-01-2018, 08:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Happy New Year and thanks for the Happy update mum!
Old 01-01-2018, 01:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good for you
Hope this year is great for you x
Old 01-02-2018, 02:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Thanks for the positive inspiring update. Hope 2018 is everything you want it to be.