View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 07:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mum22cuties

What a difference a year makes

I rang in the new year with my kids and some of my DD friends that were home from college. We had a great evening playing board games. Looking back a year ago and I remember being so sad and depressed, feeling like I had no hope on New Years eve. My ex AH was drunk as usual and had one of his horrible blow ups where he became verbally abusive. I knew I needed to leave a bad marriage I just was not sure how.

I finally found the strength to leave in July and it was the best decision I could have made for mine and my kids lives. I have such a peaceful life now and I am finally finding happiness.

My ex is still on a path of destruction and there seems to be no end in sight. I try to limit contact to only discussing our son but that even seems like to much. He is driving again with no license so I am sure he will ultimately end up with a DUI.

For all those that are struggling just remember that better days are to come. Finally making the step and leaving was the hardest thing I have ever done. I struggled for years and should have left many years before but I really lacked the confidence that things would work out. I let the fear of the unknown stop me.

Today my kids and I will go out for a nice lunch and then watch some college football. Peace and serenity is the best gift to receive. Hope 2018 is a great and positive year for all!