I can't understand

Old 11-22-2017, 04:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I can't understand

I just can't understand how a man can walk away from his children so easily. My AH is literally flying across the country to reconnect with his extended family, he hasn't put any effort into those relationships the entire 20+ years we have been married. He is expending so much energy on his PR tour and doing everything and anything to avoid working on himself. My kids are sad and feel discarded I just really didn't know he was capable of such selfishness. In the midst of this PR trip he is emailing me he wants to see them at Christmas, he wants to do the Xmas shopping, he wants, he wants, he wants. He hasn't contacted them at all, its just weird and unbelievable. I am cooking a regular holiday feast for the 3 of us he is freeloading off of relatives. My DD and I had a very hard talk two days ago and she actually said "mom you get the worst of my anger because you are the only parent here". I know that all of this is absolutely worth it. I am just so tired, I wish I hadn't spent all my energy for years trying to manage, hide, control, and protect people from knowing what was going on in my house, maybe I would have more energy now to get through the wreckage.
Old 11-22-2017, 05:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I’m sorry, honey. It just sucks scissors.

Sending you a big hug.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm sorry. Also sending hugs.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

"My DD and I had a very hard talk two days ago and she actually said "mom you get the worst of my anger because you are the only parent here".

^^^^ Wow, that is one perceptive kid. I am super impressed.

Congrats on raising such an incredible human being.

Also this must be so off the chart painful.

Courage and grace to you and your family.