Dr. Phil, November 13th, 2017

Old 11-13-2017, 12:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dr. Phil, November 13th, 2017

I have Mondays off. The woman on today (in theory to get help) has two felony convictions, two felony charges pending, and says, "every time I drink, I break out in handcuffs" but insists she doesn't have a problem with alcohol.

If I hadn't lived with an alkie, I wouldn't believe it. I'd be laughing that someone could be this obtuse.

Oh, and being interviewed for the show, exposed herself to the staff.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I record them every day. It amazes me that it usually eventually comes out that almost every person on the show has an alcohol or drug abuse problem of some kind. Awful.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

velma....I saw th at show today! I just happened to turn it on! I thought it was really good. in that all of the "typical" behaviors were demonstrated.
There is going to be a second show, tomorrow with this guest (for anyone reading this).
I thought it really highlighted the power of denial....denial....denial....
Tomorrow, I think there will be other family members on the show...and, I suspect it will demonstrate how the alcoholic can wreck havoc in the entire family.....And, I am sure that Dr. Phil will hammer in on how the rest of the family has been enabling her, all these years.....(with the best of intentions)...lol....

I imagine that m ost readers k now that Dr. Phil and his wife, both, lived with their alcoholic fathers.....
Old 11-13-2017, 04:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The denial is so strong, it almost hurts. I missed the first few minutes. From what I could gather the woman admits she has an anger problem, but not a drinking problem. You see, she doesn't drink every day.
Old 11-13-2017, 04:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I recorded this. Someone I know is in rehab with her currently. I'll just leave it at that.
Old 11-14-2017, 06:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I watched it as well. So sad for her son. I hate addiction.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
torquemax777

What I don't understand is when Dr. Phil said, "you put her in a 2 thousand pound missle and sent her on her way..." As if the husband could "stop" her from driving drunk. I would think Dr Phil would know enough about alcoholism to know that you can't "stop" an alcoholic from doing anything!
Old 11-14-2017, 09:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I think he meant his constant enabling. He definitely could not stop her, but the level that he enables her is pretty amazing.

Originally Posted by torquemax777 View Post
What I don't understand is when Dr. Phil said, "you put her in a 2 thousand pound missle and sent her on her way..." As if the husband could "stop" her from driving drunk. I would think Dr Phil would know enough about alcoholism to know that you can't "stop" an alcoholic from doing anything!
Old 11-14-2017, 03:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I watched the second part of the show, today. Wow! Very classic...and, with probable co-occurring condition, also.
The husband is a piece of work, himself.
I really feel for the poor kid.