Notices

Crap day, hard list to write.

Old 10-23-2017, 07:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Crap day, hard list to write.

I am grateful for 30 days sober. It has taken a long time to get here and I am not planning to go back, although it is a bit difficult at the moment. I'm still glad to be here.

I'm grateful for my wife, she is endlessly patient with me. I'm just beginning to realize how awful I have been the past few years, while I have been struggling to quit and making excuses. I didn't deserve for her to stick it out, but I am truly glad she did.

I am grateful for Ethan. He has been a great friend, super supportive and understanding, without being too easy on me. He always makes me accountable for my choices.

I am grateful for my job, it's too easy, and the pay sucks, but it's enough to get by and the lack of stress has really helped me get through this with minimal struggles. Because I have definitely had jobs I couldn't handle when I was trying to get control of my drinking.

Also I am grateful for over the counter sleep medicine, lol. Because I hadn't gone to bed sober for 7 years, minus my previous recovery attempts, and I seriously can't sleep most nights. Yay for melatonin.

Lastly I am grateful to be finally getting to know myself. I'm not loving everything I find, but I am starting to work on myself and I'm realizing that I have alot of potential.

Actually one more, I'm grateful for this website. I'm not super happy right now, but writing this has made me take the time to search for the good things in my life and I honestly feel better. I don't always remember to do that on my own. And writing stuff on my blog let's me examine my thoughts and feelings in a way I normally don't.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 30 days, Mbunk!

I experienced lots of highs and lows my first month.

Staying positive and practicing gratitude kept me afloat until I got my bearings.

Thank you for sharing your list. I really liked it.

Hang in there, it gets easier.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Its nice to see the things you are grateful for. So many times people just look at what going wrong they don't see what is going right.
Keep being grateful.