Notices

I'm grateful for... you. and other things

Old 10-24-2017, 10:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question I'm grateful for... you. and other things

My college - It has single handily saved me from drowning myself in alcohol, ironic right? It is a dry campus and very strict when it comes to alcohol or drugs on campus. Thank god.

My father - For supporting me since my mother passed. I give him way more grief than he deserves, but man i have no idea where i would be without him.

Pleasant People - On my worst days i find myself fortunate enough to find strangers that are actually pleasant and courteous. They are what give me hope in the future.

Music - It helps me vent my feelings

Sobriety from anxiety/depression medications - They made me feel numb. While I needed them at my worst moments of darkness, now that my addiction to alcohol has slowly faded (but not completely gone) I am learning so many different things about myself, the good and the bad.

Weight loss - Since I cut down on my drinking I have lost 35lbs, 200 down to 165 (I'm only 5'4). My goal is to get physically fit as this has worked for me in the past when i reached 6 months of sobriety.

You - I have no idea who you are, but from my experiences those who are addicts are the kindest, most genuine people around. People like to take advantage of us (especially in the early years) and man does it suck, but the fact that you are here reading this article gives me even more motivation to stay sober. I'm not free from addiction, but if you ever need to talk or want to become accountability partners please let me know. It would benefit me greatly.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome, eternalfear!

Wonderful gratitude post.