Notices

Recovering from drugs but slipped into alcohol

Old 10-04-2017, 12:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Recovering from drugs but slipped into alcohol

Im 31 year old and have always had a very addictive personality, from a very early age I have always strougle with drugs and alcohol and seem to just swap one addiction for Anouther my biggest achievement was 2 year ago when I went cold turkey after a 10 year addiction to opiates..at the time in question I was on 16 mill of subetex a day and decided enough was enough..after 2 week in was over the worse and thought everything was going to be peaches and cream..,i was so wrong I had absolutely no energy for a longtime after and felt as tho there was a massive void in my life. I started drinking and gambling all the time and feeling really depressed..then the drinking got more and more. over the 2 year I now realise I am an alcoholic I cant just have one with friends I drink to black out.,right now is the longest I haven't had a drink ..5 days and im really struggling I would have a lite of vodka every night for the past 3 month I built up to that over time..i did so well with the opiates addiction and can advise on all the diff methods I used to kick that but this alcohol strougle,I am new to and really strouglimg but finding this site is helping so much so thank you guys!
Old 10-04-2017, 12:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome,
5 days is great! Keep coming back!!!

I was addicted to meth many moons ago. I switched to alcohol because it was legal.

Currently, I am on day 10 with no alcohol. I am just coming here often, reading other stories and staying away from people who are drinking.

Best of luck, you got this!
Old 10-04-2017, 01:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Craig, I know you will be able to do this!

5 days is fantastic! Do you have a plan in mind as to how you will recover?
Old 10-04-2017, 02:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So far just take each day as it comes I've got into meditation and spending time in nature I've found myself searching spiritual sites and trying to understand adictioms on a deeper level which really intrigues me but waking up with energy is something in have not felt for a long time but the cravings are very strong
Old 10-04-2017, 02:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I find the support here really helps Craig.
SR has gotten me through many a tough time.

D
Old 10-04-2017, 03:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think its brilliant I look forward to checking in with people in the same boat I cant thank you all enough!