Old 10-04-2017, 12:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Craig1111

Recovering from drugs but slipped into alcohol

Im 31 year old and have always had a very addictive personality, from a very early age I have always strougle with drugs and alcohol and seem to just swap one addiction for Anouther my biggest achievement was 2 year ago when I went cold turkey after a 10 year addiction to opiates..at the time in question I was on 16 mill of subetex a day and decided enough was enough..after 2 week in was over the worse and thought everything was going to be peaches and cream..,i was so wrong I had absolutely no energy for a longtime after and felt as tho there was a massive void in my life. I started drinking and gambling all the time and feeling really depressed..then the drinking got more and more. over the 2 year I now realise I am an alcoholic I cant just have one with friends I drink to black out.,right now is the longest I haven't had a drink ..5 days and im really struggling I would have a lite of vodka every night for the past 3 month I built up to that over time..i did so well with the opiates addiction and can advise on all the diff methods I used to kick that but this alcohol strougle,I am new to and really strouglimg but finding this site is helping so much so thank you guys!