Wanted to share

Old 09-26-2017, 05:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wanted to share

As most here remember my son had major alcohol issues and loves smoking weed. A year ago in March got a dui and was on probation for a year - no booze/no weed. He is now off of probation and went back into the marijuana right where he left off.
He started a new job about 7 months ago and is doing great. He is in the top 5 of his department of 50. He does training some days. Last week he sent me a text that he had to train a new person and that person had 4 DUI's already. I asked him how old he was and he said about early 30's.... I replied... "Well he has a serious problem, I sure hope he wasn't bragging". He got fired from his previous job and took a large pay cut so my son said the guy mentioned he had to get rid of his car because he couldn't afford the payments anymore.... (I would think his insurance was sky high plus not really sure how he would be driving with 4 DUI's...) Hoping my son doesn't befriend this guy. Makes me uneasy.
It is sad to see how this disease ruins peoples lives.
Old 09-28-2017, 06:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It sure does ruin lives! Glad to hear your son is productive w/ a job. Sorry we went back to weed. I too hope he does not befriend this person, sounds like a bad influence.

Hugs to you. A day at a time.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Really hope your son sees in this man what happens when drinking gets out of control.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My AXBF surrounded himself with the dregs of society. His friends were all ex-jailbirds, deadbeat dads, drug dealers, heavy drinkers, potheads, etc. Birds of a feather flock together.

I hope your son knows better. Is he working a program?
Old 10-03-2017, 06:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

No he is not working a program. He was seeing a doctor but stopped going after about 6 visits.