Notices

Detox

Old 08-02-2017, 10:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Detox

I was on here a few weeks ago trying to detox i failed miserably even though i wanted this so bad. I just couldnt get through day two of the withdrawl s no matter how much vitiams and over the counter meds i have. So i gave up but i didn't want to fail at all so i pulled myself together and today was my 3 rd day tomorrow will be day 4 and hopefully after that i will start to feel better. It hasnt been bad im mostly just scared of whats going to happen next. The unknown. I have no idea how to live life sober. Im scared to dealth to find out how my life will end up being clean
Old 08-02-2017, 10:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Running on Backup Power

All you can do for now is take it one day at a time. The beginning is always rough...waking up from the haze of alcoholism after so long feels like a strange and scary new world, after all. But it's a much clearer, better world once you get situated back in it.

And there's support here...Lots of caring people, I've seen, even in my own short time here.
Old 08-02-2017, 10:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh gosh, I feel your pain!!! I remember those early days. Have you seen a doctor with regards to the withdrawal?

I did a home detox but I was given meds to help manage the withdrawal. I never felt so rough in all my life, however by day 3 the physical withdrawal started to ease a bit. The first few days were the worst for me, so hopefully you too will start to feel that bit better now.

What helped for me, was lots of rest, I also drank loads of antioxidant drinks too (hence my user name lol), I ate what I could when I could, when I wasnt sleeping, I kept my mind busy, playing games online, watching netflix etc. On day 9 I took myself off to AA. Your body needs time to heal, so do take real good care of yourself. Once you through this initial phase, it will get better physically, emotionally and mentally it took that bit longer. Have you a recovery plan? X
Old 08-02-2017, 11:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by blueberry2015 View Post
Oh gosh, I feel your pain!!! I remember those early days. Have you seen a doctor with regards to the withdrawal?

I did a home detox but I was given meds to help manage the withdrawal. I never felt so rough in all my life, however by day 3 the physical withdrawal started to ease a bit. The first few days were the worst for me, so hopefully you too will start to feel that bit better now.

What helped for me, was lots of rest, I also drank loads of antioxidant drinks too (hence my user name lol), I ate what I could when I could, when I wasnt sleeping, I kept my mind busy, playing games online, watching netflix etc. On day 9 I took myself off to AA. Your body needs time to heal, so do take real good care of yourself. Once you through this initial phase, it will get better physically, emotionally and mentally it took that bit longer. Have you a recovery plan? X
Tomorrow morning will be day 4. Im just now getting to the point where my legs hurts and im getting restless. So it hasnt been to rough. Up untill tonight i was able to sleep. I know i can do this but its so much easier to give up. In the past i always gave up but not this time. I need my sobriety back. Thats all i really had going for myself. Ive differently watchinga lot of netflix. . Ive watched 3 seasons of prison break. Does any one have any good ideas on how to help restless leg syndrome Thanks for the support
Old 08-02-2017, 11:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Hi KB i suffer restless leg when i give up drink, normally i go stand on a stone cold floor for a while and then leave the leg out from the covers to keep it cool. Most of the time it works. Even though i suffer from it, i haven't really looked into it or asked my dr about it, maybe u should?

keep up the great work on ur detox x
Old 08-03-2017, 12:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi KBosse
If you're on day 4 I think the likelihood is you'll start to feel better from this point on.

If you don't, or you feel concerned, there's nothing lost by seeing a Dr?

D
Old 08-03-2017, 01:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you guys for your support. I really hope things to start looking up. I know i made it through the hardest part. I just need to remind self i can do this
Old 08-03-2017, 03:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good morning and glad you posted.

IME and those of many others- we kept getting better as long as we didn't drink again. I was sick for a LONG time as I got sober (months, really) because I was in such a terrible place in every way.

It's so much better on this side. I know that as I got through the physical, AA meetings that were just mere attendance at first, began to become- and now are- a big piece of my sober puzzle. Perhaps that road, or another program so you have support beyond just wanting this to be the last quit, is a great idea to begin right now.

Take care- hope to see you around.
Old 08-03-2017, 03:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kbosse View Post
I was on here a few weeks ago trying to detox i failed miserably even though i wanted this so bad. I just couldnt get through day two of the withdrawl s no matter how much vitiams and over the counter meds i have. So i gave up but i didn't want to fail at all so i pulled myself together and today was my 3 rd day tomorrow will be day 4 and hopefully after that i will start to feel better. It hasnt been bad im mostly just scared of whats going to happen next. The unknown. I have no idea how to live life sober. Im scared to dealth to find out how my life will end up being clean
Well done, it can only get better sober, cant be worse than living like a prisoner to drink, good luck stick at it
Old 08-03-2017, 05:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You can handle this Kbosse, your life without booze will be much better. Don't overthink things, just take care of your sobriety for now. Great job on getting thru the hard part. Post often.
Old 08-03-2017, 05:45 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Iim mostly just scared of whats going to happen next. The unknown. I have no idea how to live life sober. Im scared to dealth to find out how my life will end up being clean
Your life will end up better than what brought you to SR. This from your first post:

...relapsed about 3 months ago. I cant believe i have put myself back in this position. I hate this life. Was it worth all this the guilt the embarrassment, letting my kids down.
Tell me how clean will be worse than that?
Old 08-03-2017, 07:56 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Way to go! That is an awesome start! Keep on ....keepin' on!