It COULD be a blessing!

Old 10-22-2004, 08:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It COULD be a blessing!

As some of you may know, my AH and I have been going to counseling. My husband more than adhemently agrees that I have a problem with codependency, but is still a bit reluctant to believe he is an alcoholic. After much discussion, he began to understand that he 'prbably needs to explore the possibility of being an alcoholic". My counselor then asked me what I thought and I was said that what we are going through right now could turn out to be a disaster, or it could be the greatest gift. I said "Wouldn't it be great - if you and I had the courage to look to ourselves and understand what is wrong with us and understand why you drink and how it impacts you, and understand how I react and what makes me the way I am - so that one day if, God forbid, our children ever have to go through this - we can be there for them and we will actually understand what they are going through. Wouldn't we be able to improve their chances for success in this life? Wouldn't we possibly be able to stop this insanity with us? I truly believe this and it gave me so much motivation!! Just wanted to share that thought for those of us with children... Peace!
Old 10-22-2004, 08:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Wow Peaches,

What wisdom and insight you possess. I can see that there will be no problems that you won't be able to overcome. Such inspirational words regarding your children. I pray that your words hit home with your AH and that the thought of delving further into the possibility.... becomes a reality for him.

Continued blessings and growth.

Kathy
Old 10-22-2004, 09:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dee at Mt Bully

Peaches--What a great line of thought. Don't we all want to spare our children
from the forms of distruction we suffer in our own lives. So many of us experienced
alcoholism before we married our mate and wouldn't it be great if in just our family
we could stop the cycle. You have a very positive motavation and I will be cheering you on. Smiles---Dee