Notices

Tired

Old 06-17-2017, 11:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tired

Day 21 today. I've been fine up to hear. but it's hit me today. So tired. I feel tired. I look worn out. This is exhausting. Is this normal?
Old 06-18-2017, 05:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

For me the first few months I was very tired, I think it was the constant mental strain of getting Sober, constantly worrying and stressing about not drinking, plus my sleeping was all over the place and my body was adjusting in soo many ways.

The good news though is my energy eventually came back, everything began to click into place, if like me it took years to get to the point of stopping, the body is going to need more than a few weeks to bounce back and heal.

Hang in there, Day 21 is fantastic!!
Old 06-18-2017, 11:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 21 days libraloo 🎉🎉🎉

I'm 20 days sober and for most of that time I have been sooooooo tired and exhausted...it's only been the last 2 days that I've had some energy. Im sure it is normal whilst we physically, emotionally and psychologically adjust to sobriety. Wishing you well on the rest of your recovery journey x
Old 06-18-2017, 11:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

It's normal. Shortly after I quit I was ecstatic that I could sleep so well. I embraced it, took naps, slept long, loved it. It really helped that I could jump into bed early in the evening and sleep thru what otherwise might have been an arduous craving filled time. I think I lasted about three months. I sleep very well these days.
Old 06-18-2017, 11:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Fantastic on day 21 , i am on day 42, some days i am really tired , I'm sure it will get better over time
Old 06-18-2017, 03:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

in early recovery or not, some days we're just tired. it's like our bodies just need a time out, bit of extra time to recoup and restore. it's perfectly ok. take a nap, it's allowed.
Old 06-18-2017, 03:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I was wiped out early on, Libraloo. We're healing from all we've done to ourselves - mentally & physically. You will get there. Congrats on your 21 sober days.
Old 06-18-2017, 03:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

yes- see your doc if worried- diet imbalance/blood tests??? I do, makes a difference.
Old 06-18-2017, 05:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I was tired for a while - for me it got better after 30 days

D
Old 06-18-2017, 07:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I started feeling more 'normal' and better between four to six months sober. Stay sober and give yourself time to heal and adjust to life without alcohol.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I still feel tired all the time as well. I hate to say it, but I started drinking when I was 30 and I've pissed away the last decade or so of my life, I think I've finally realized that I've just gotten old in the meantime. After drinking a few weeks, I just feel terrible and tired for 3 or 4 days. But now I'm just tired all the time. I'll wake up in the morning feeling great (and sober), then about 10:30 AM I start thinking it's time for nap. One of my psychologists once told me it takes a few days for your brain to return to being normal after drinking heavily for a long period of time, I think it takes a few months or years.