More was revealed

Old 05-05-2017, 11:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

More was revealed

Hi all you lovely survivors. I updated a week or so ago saying AH was now no longer needing AA (according to him Ho hum) and I had now gone no contact. My daughter also had a bad call with him and decided she didn't want to see him for a while and blocked him. I've stopped obsessing and no more FB, call checks, or bank checks. I know what he's doing and for the first time since the separation around 11 weeks ago , I can honestly say I'm starting to feel better.

It was like my Gut knew I could never trust or be with him again after all that's happened and his lack of desire for change. But my obsessing mind and emotions hadn't caught up, you know. But then after a final emotional call with him on Monday and his final text beforehand I blocked him ' just give it some time, we will be all good' I realised how delusional he actually is.

I am 47 and there's so much I want to see and do. What so I take him back and waste another 2,3, 5 years with this merry go round? That's a massive gamble and the odds are bad with his track record so far. An alcoholic who flips between recovery (2 meetings at a time lol) and denial over and over. No I think there's enough evidence for the obsessing to stop and the emotions to catch up.

4 days of total no contact has really changed things for me. Less on edge, less sucked in. Starting to feel like I can really do this and getting exited about it.

He called my eldest daughter last night enquiring why nobody was taking his calls. She turned it back on him ( my girl is tough) and he shrank off into his little dark world again. My sponsor reckons it will get worse before it gets better but I'll face that when it comes to it. One day at a time. For now it's peaceful. May be the calm before the storm but I'm stronger now as you all promised I would be when I started out broken on this new path. I don't want to go back now. I want to go forward not because I have to but because I want to

Thanks all xxx
Old 05-05-2017, 11:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It sure does sound like "more was revealed", suzy! I'm glad you have your eyes open to see that.

Sounds like you're gaining momentum. I wish you continued strength and clarity in the days to come.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you, Suzy. Amazing how clear we get about things when we are out of the drama for a bit.