Notices

Well, that was random.

Old 04-20-2017, 05:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Well, that was random.

So I get a phone call just now from an ex I haven't spoken to in three years.

The last time we met, we were standing outside his place in the ghetto (accurate use of the term) with two police officers. Why the police officers? I called them, to get my ex to give me back my belongings, which I had left at his place two nights before. Among them, my wallet. My checkbook, credit cards and social security card. He told the police he didn't have them but "maybe" he threw them in the trash. In the ghetto. Gone. No way of getting any of it back.

I had left my things at his place two nights before because I met him there and we went out. I got drunk and picked a fight, he took off with my car without saying where he was going or if he'd be back. By the time he came back I was being loaded in to an ambulance because I was upset and decided to guzzle vodka out of the bottle. His reaction was "What did she do now?" Two days later, after ignoring my calls, I show up at his door with the police in tow, and he says he doesn't know me.

Today he calls me up. I didn't recognize the number, I answered, and when he says who he is, I hang up without hesitation. Of course.

My question is, what on earth would ever possess this man to get back in touch with me after what transpired?

I don't expect anyone to know, I'm just venting... People are insane.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well, then, that's all something else, isn't it? I wouldn't call it random, I'd call it chaotic.

Good thing you know how to hang up the telephone!
Old 04-20-2017, 06:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It was disturbing. Who calls after three years when your last encounter was that bad?

And it's not like it's a trigger or anything, I'm doing just fine tonight.. I'm just ready to be over the withdrawals and start feeling better.. One thing I can say is that I am past the point of using unexpected circumstances to justify drinking.. Life's always going to do be this strange.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hm...one possibility: a person wanting to make amends.

i'm saying that because i contacted people years after breaking up, including my ex husband who i hadn't seen or spoken to in way over a decade.

just sayin' , though it is unlikely, a 'good reason' is a possibility.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Despite now pushing 50, I don't think the maturity is ever going to get there.